New HTPC build, small and upgradable
hello, I want some one to confirm that I am making the correct choice in investing, what I think is the best solution for the buck .. My goals are to have a small htpc running xbmc(preferably linux version), which could play FULL UNCOMPRESSED HD Movies,(notice my emphasis on uncompressed), and in future, I will buy a amp, then I would like to pass-through the audio .. in DTS or TRUE-HD or DOLBY or whatever goes for pure sound these days.. not much of a audiophile :/ .. anyways after that I would like to buy a 3D LED Screen, so the confusion is, what build I buy now, will it be able to give what it takes ? will it cater my needs ? would it be sufficient ?

so my build idea was;

AMD A6-5400K APU 3.6Ghz
MSI FM2-A75IA-E53
Antec ISK 300-150 Black Mini-ITX Desktop Computer Case 150 Watt Power Supply

p.s; there are other FM2 ITX boards, I could not find much difference in them, so I picked msi, out of random, and if you guys could lower the cost, it would be awesome, since I am ordering from outside my country, I would like customs not put a while in my pocket..
AMD will only give you HD audio bitstreaming (DTS-MA/Dolbyu True-HD) in Windows. It's not supported in Linux/OpenELEC. Can you get the new Intel G3220 (if you only need 2D) or i3-4330 (if you need full 3D)? With that the ASRock H81M-ITX or B85M-ITX or ASUS H81I-PLUS are good, inexpensive motherboard choices.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC build, small and upgradable0