Strange Lip sync issues
Hi,

Weird problem...........I'm using a RPi - it streams all file types from a NAS very well upstairs. Through a powerline. USB connected to tv.

I thought I'd see how it worked in the main room downstairs - exactly the same setup through a different powerline - and there are lip sync issues with almost every file.

I even tried the same files via a USB hard drive - and they are still way out. Why would this be?

Thanks
What distibution version of xbmc?
An audio sync bug was fixed in the firmware a couple of weeks back.
rbej's latest frodo or gotham build should have this fix.
It's RasPBMC. I could understand if it was a lip sync issue all the time. But on the same files in different locations?

I was really surprised when it still lagged from a USB Hard disk drive. Which makes me think it's something to do with how everything is powered.

In both setups, the tv, and powerline is powered from a socket adapter. Not directly from the wall.
The issue affected sync after a pause/resume.
Buffering causes a pause/resume.
Different locations may have different buffering behaviour.
Thanks. I'd have thought that having all auto updates ticked in Raspbmc would mean the firmware is up to date though.
(2013-09-10, 13:03)smallclone Wrote: Thanks. I'd have thought that having all auto updates ticked in Raspbmc would mean the firmware is up to date though.

Run "vcgencmd version" or look in log file for a line like:
00:26:46 T:3041567440 NOTICE: Raspberry PI firmware version: Sep 1 2013 23:27:46

Needs to be September 1st or newer.
https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/c...7320a41830
(2013-09-10, 13:07)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-09-10, 13:03)smallclone Wrote: Thanks. I'd have thought that having all auto updates ticked in Raspbmc would mean the firmware is up to date though.

Run "vcgencmd version" or look in log file for a line like:
00:26:46 T:3041567440 NOTICE: Raspberry PI firmware version: Sep 1 2013 23:27:46

Needs to be September 1st or newer.
https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/c...7320a41830

Thanks for this.

will try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange Lip sync issues0