xbmc on boxee finally via boxeeplus possible?
Now that they've found a backdoor into the boxeebox just wondering if theirs any chance that we'll ever see xbmc come over to the boxeebox, i mean they've already got telnet root access enabled...

im not a developer but it should be possible no? And i think for all those people that bought into boxeebox on the initial hype from boxee that they were going to make the box xbmc compatible and "open" that all fell through on its face it would be cool if xbmc would support the boxeeplus guys and maybe get xbmc onto the boxeebox fully.
There's nothing stopping anyone stepping up to the plate but I doubt the XBMC team will. Boxee only sold something like 200k units and the number of those willing to hack the box is probably a tiny fraction.

Even if you could get XBMC running the developers would have to find a way to tie it into the hardware decoders on the Boxee Box and running XBMC on it may fair no better than the Boxee software itself.

If you can sell your Boxee and get the money together for a Pivos XIOS DS, that is open source and has some of the XBMC team working on it.
Makes you wonder how many where made all together. Is there some warehouse out there full of Boxee Boxes?
Some say the Boxee boxes were always there and the warehouse was built around them

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
(2012-12-20, 22:12)Chris! Wrote: Some say the Boxee boxes were always there and the warehouse was built around them

Big Grin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-12-20, 17:40)Ned Scott Wrote: Makes you wonder how many where made all together. Is there some warehouse out there full of Boxee Boxes?

ya, its called Best Buy Big Grin
Delorean
(2012-12-20, 22:12)Chris! Wrote: Some say the Boxee boxes were always there and the warehouse was built around them

I've heard this phrase before, but have no idea where from.
Top Gear use a similar phrase whenever they introduce their tame racing driver 'The Stig'
They were bundling boxee boxes with TVs here is Australia not long ago... maybe they will be dumped with the Atari 2600 ET cartridges buried in a New Mexico desert...
Wink 
http://boxeed.in/forums/viewtopic.php?f=...&start=370
Old news http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171959

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc on boxee finally via boxeeplus possible?0