Option to disable timeseek whilst playing rtmp streams
As I've started to use xbmc for all my live streaming lately rather than use the the TV (aerial on roof broke!) I've come across a bug that's very annoying. If you press a timeseek button (up, down, left, right) during a live stream it will cause a lockup which requires a reboot. Would it be possible to add a function to advancedsettings.xml that disables timeseek ONLY during live streams?

The missus can't get used to pressing stop and is continually locking up XBMC, any help will be much appreciated.

This has been a bug that I've just got used to over the years but after giving it more thought I wondered if it would be possible to add a setting in the advancedsettings.xml file to disable timeseek.
I'm able to seek in RTMP streams that I use (Hulu, Crunchyroll). I have had issues on my old ATV1 using a BCHD video decoder where the video locks up, so I have to turn the hardware decoder off if I want to seek for RTMP, but I haven't had it completely crash.

Even when XBMC isn't able to do something, we do want to avoid an all out crash, so I would treat this as a bug to be fixed, rather than a feature request :). It might even be related to the issue I'm having, which I would love to see resolved. Can you post a debug log (wiki) and give your system details?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to disable timeseek whilst playing rtmp streams0