• 75(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
4xBRZ looks great

https://youtu.be/D35NlkSiBq0
Can it be possible to re-use controller Art-Work done for the openemu project..? They are beautiful
(2016-06-09, 23:22)xel_arjona Wrote: Can it be possible to re-use controller Art-Work done for the openemu project..? They are beautiful
There is a risk of copyright infringement is you simply use pictures of real controllers like that.

Probably safer to stay with a little more generic and abstract images that uses vector graphics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_graphics

Not sure where Fair use laws says about this for emulators but best not to use logos either.

Another argument for using abstract images is some users will have non-orginal controllers.
Games Image resource add-ons would be nice, so users can create their own Wink
(2016-06-10, 13:34)zag Wrote: Games Image resource add-ons would be nice, so users can create their own Wink

If i remember correctly this was the plan Wink
Launchbox box type of login addon would be cool now that lauchbox has cloud service for images
Seeing that krypton is still in alpha. Does it seem likely retroplayer will be merged Into v17 krypton?

Thanks for great work can't wait to try it out.
One step at a time. Krypton contains all the input code from RetroPlayer. And when I say all, i mean 10K lines+, which is over half the entire RetroPlayer patch. So technically, RetroPlayer is more merged than not Smile

After rewriting the player from scratch, I'm finally pleased with the state of the code. I plan to begin the merging process when v18 is branched, which will occur slightly before v17 final is released, probably in 3-5 months. I plan to get GameStream working by then as well, so that's something to look forward to.
I just wanted to drop a quick comment to thank garbear and Irusak for your efforts. Indeed my thanks to all the Kodi team.

Thanks, this is developing into something special.
I've been using Kodi/XBMC since 2008. Once the xbox was decommissioned I feel like there's been a hole in the software. Even though I haven't personally been active or done anything with this development I've been watching it for the past few years. Just waiting for it to get stable and hopefully someday merge with Kodi. It sounds like that day is getting closer and closer. Seriously, thank you garbear for all you do. I also have a passion project I work on frequently (unrelated to HTPC/emulators) and I know a "thank you" every now and again keeps me motivated. So again, thank you!
(2016-06-29, 07:42)dickalan Wrote: I've been using Kodi/XBMC since 2008. Once the xbox was decommissioned I feel like there's been a hole in the software. Even though I haven't personally been active or done anything with this development I've been watching it for the past few years. Just waiting for it to get stable and hopefully someday merge with Kodi. It sounds like that day is getting closer and closer. Seriously, thank you garbear for all you do. I also have a passion project I work on frequently (unrelated to HTPC/emulators) and I know a "thank you" every now and again keeps me motivated. So again, thank you!

A thank you from me as well. This will make Kodi such an important part of the living room for me.
(2016-06-19, 17:44)garbear Wrote: I plan to get GameStream working by then as well, so that's something to look forward to.

Does this mean Kodi on my HTPC will be able to stream from my Desktop PC just like Moonlight does?
(2016-07-01, 00:57)bawright86 Wrote: Does this mean Kodi on my HTPC will be able to stream from my Desktop PC just like Moonlight does?

There already is an experimental game addon (probably not updated to last api version?) which was a result from last years google summer of code project. Please see this thread.
Just donated bitcoins to you once again, thank you garbear - keep up your amazing work!
New OSX build uploaded based on 17 alpha 2. I'll upload an alpha2 build for windows when building binary add-ons for windows is fixed.
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16