• 92(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
(2016-12-06, 00:23)garbear Wrote:
(2016-12-04, 15:24)onarch Wrote: At one time I had two game controllers plugged in, maybe that confused Kodi. I only tried 1-player games while I was testing, so maybe the controller was mapped for player 2 or something...

How is actually controller mapping for 2 player games handled now? or is this no yet implemented?

Players are actually chosen in the order the operating system presents the controllers. This is effectively random, though if you unplug a device and plug it back in, it will probably end up at the back of the queue.

ah, I see. That is useful to know. Thanks.

(2016-12-06, 00:23)garbear Wrote: The solution is a player manager utility so that users actually have control over this beyond plugging and praying. I started a thread for this last month: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=295463 . I've purposefully delayed implementing this to focus on the Controller Configuration Utility and merging RetroPlayer. Now that both are done, I've started thinking about the player manager again, but its a lower priority that supporting BIOSes and GameStream. If you have any ideas for the player manager, leave a comment in that thread.

I remember seeing one of the concept drawings in a thread here somewhere. Looks really good.
pcsx-rearmed is not accepting input.
http://sprunge.us/aVZG
Any word on the updated Kodi 17 builds for Raspberry Pi? Will the updated Millhouse builds be Kodi 18 instead with Retroplayer enabled?
First a thank you to the developers of this marvel ... and success to the project !!!

Well I really want to know if there is a compilation even with bugs for android Huh

At least from the libretro ... and libKodi_game Huh

I would be very happy if any file was available for testing ... I am a lover of good work and sometimes I develop some addon by brazil, but nothing as complex as the work of this team ...

If there is a beta for android or an form of myself porting the files I ask you to give me the path of the stones so that I do it myself or at least try ...

Thanks in advance.
RetroPlayer is included in Android's nightlies, all we lack is the cores. ferzerch is working on building the cores for android, his progress is here: https://github.com/fetzerch/kodi-game-scripting/pull/6
(2016-12-22, 17:05)garbear Wrote: RetroPlayer is included in Android's nightlies, all we lack is the cores. ferzerch is working on building the cores for android, his progress is here: https://github.com/fetzerch/kodi-game-scripting/pull/6

OUUUUUUUUU, thank you big garbear ... this leaves me more inside what is happening with the project ... I know that they are working hard and I hope that everything works ... I am a fan of this work ... Thanks from Brazilians...
I have one simple question about scummvm. Because libretro port is useless (not saves in games with custom keys, no keyboard to pass copyprotection and lot of other troubles) do you plan to allow user to change core to standalone emulator? Of course this option should be hidden for regular user, and visible in export mode only. ScummVM is build for most of the platforms (maybe not for S905) and advanced users should find their own way to use binary downloaded from ScummVM.org. In gamestarter (rPi) i had to tweak it manually - why don't you make life easier for retro adventure games players?
(2016-12-23, 19:50)Szymon_Zy Wrote: I have one simple question about scummvm. Because libretro port is useless (not saves in games with custom keys, no keyboard to pass copyprotection and lot of other troubles) do you plan to allow user to change core to standalone emulator? Of course this option should be hidden for regular user, and visible in export mode only. ScummVM is build for most of the platforms (maybe not for S905) and advanced users should find their own way to use binary downloaded from ScummVM.org. In gamestarter (rPi) i had to tweak it manually - why don't you make life easier for retro adventure games players?

Because RetroPlayer is basically a version of retroarch for Kodi therefore it can only use retroarch cores. Think of it like this when you play a video with Kodi it uses Kodis default player which has the Kodi gui, but you can modify the default player in advance settings to use an external player such as powerDVD then when it plays the video it plays through powerDVD without the Kodi gui. This is what RetroPlayer is Kodis built in player for games with Kodi gui. If you want to launch a standalone application you will need something like AEL. ( http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=287826 )
Lounge

Alienware X51 r2
OS - Windows 10, Kodi Krypton
TV - LG 47LM670T
AVR - Denon AVR-X2300W

Master Bedroom

Nvidia Shield Android TV
OS - Android TV, Kodi Jarvis 16.0
TV - Samsung 32ES6710

Server

HP Proliant Microserver N40L
OS - Unraid 6
Thanks for the explanation J7AYU, indeed the goal is to launch games *inside* kodi instead of just external emulators.

New builds posted, and the moment you've all been waiting for.... ANDROID BUILDS!
(2016-12-23, 19:50)Szymon_Zy Wrote: I have one simple question about scummvm. Because libretro port is useless (not saves in games with custom keys, no keyboard to pass copyprotection and lot of other troubles) do you plan to allow user to change core to standalone emulator? Of course this option should be hidden for regular user, and visible in export mode only. ScummVM is build for most of the platforms (maybe not for S905) and advanced users should find their own way to use binary downloaded from ScummVM.org. In gamestarter (rPi) i had to tweak it manually - why don't you make life easier for retro adventure games players?

Btw: In the last weeks I've contributed a couple of fixes to the libretro scummvm core. It's now updated to ScummVM 1.9.0, has all (non-experimental) engines enabled, supports MP3, Flag, Ogg compressed audio, and I also fixed the save game paths and general path handling under windows. Keyboard is working fine. Game data files (necessary for some games such as FOTAQ) and the modern theme are now shipped with the addon. Try garbear's new build and if you still have some issues, please report them properly (kodi debug log, exact way how to reproduce).

EDIT: For savegames, you have to use scummvm's internal menu (F5 for most games), The libretro core doesn't support savestates (which would allow saving through Kodi's RetroPlayer UI).
Off Topic:
Have you tried Putt Putt games? There is no way to save via internal menu, you just have to press "S" key to save, or "L" to load.
Yes, works fine here. You press "S" or "L" and the ingame save/load menu opens.
Hello team, I installed Bata 5 for x86_64 as this is the latest version I can find. 20161117 version.
Just wondering if there is a tutorial for this as i have added a rom for NES and it is in the games menu
on the main Kodi menu page but when i click on the zip file it does nothing. Not sure what I need to be doing at this point.

I have dedicated 2 devices to your project so if you need any extra testing let me know.

Hardware 1: Gen 1 Intel Compute stick with intel ATOM 3735 with 2 gig ram and 32 gig HDD
Bugs with this device is no network or bluetooth from onboard chipset but have working dongle.
(internal network works with a tronsmart build i found but not this build)

Hardware 2: Gen 2 Intel Compute stick Atom x5 processor bluetooth and network are working with all Libreelec builds.
No bugs to report and this device handles 4k @ 30.

Thanks and have a Happy Holiday Season.
Main Kodi Build
HP Chromebox Intel Celeron 4gb mem 128 SSD
Libreelec 010 Kodi 17.

Test Builds
Gen 1 Compute Stick 32gb Version NO WINDOWS
Gen 2 Compute Stick X5 Version Cherry Trail

Future Builds
Gen 2 Compute Stick m5
RPi 3
Good Morning and Happy New Year all. I just did a clean install of the beta7 android build but had issues getting the kodi backup addon to run, the logs were saying it had issues with httplib2 . I tried installing from the official Krypton addon repository and whilst it installed the addon still wouldn't run.

will upload logs when ive got through de-christmasing my house

OK can't upload eh logs through the log uploader as it now seems to have issues with pyqrcode so I've put it here http://pastebin.com/AQLm9X45

Sent from my SGP512
Hi there,

I love the idea of integrating a gaming core in Kodi. Hope this will finally come with v18. Two question regarding the development process:

- Will there still be RetroPlayer based builds based on Krypton Stable or shall we switch to v18 Development branch, since Retroplayer will be integrated?

- Can you estimate a date when RetroPlayer will be enabled again in v18 dev branch (when the build errors might be solved)? I tried to enable it by editing a guisettings.xml -> gamesgeneral, but when I restart Kodi it overwrites this value.
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16