• 96(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
(2017-02-08, 17:34)Szymon_Zy Wrote: and when I try to install from zip i get that dependency Kodi.Game 1.0.28 failed.

The correct version is 1.0.29 as of three days ago. It looks like you are trying to load a libretro support add-on (game.libretro) that was compiled as a previous version (1.0.28).

The repo with game.libretro v1.0.28 is outdated. The new version of the repo is 9.0. Ensure that the LE add-ons repo is 9.0. If you have to install it, then reboot and force an add-on update.
(2017-02-08, 19:07)Eldorado Wrote: I'm assuming this issue is present in current v17 final where I can't have a joystick and imon enabled at the same time

garbear, do you need another debug log?

Version <= 16 was hard-coded to disable joysticks when an iMON device is present. In v17, I removed all device-specific code from Kodi, so this check got dropped.

iMON devices interfere with DirectInput. Or I should say, when Kodi scans for DirectInput devices, iMON goes haywire.

There is a tool that can be found through google that will allow you to disable iMON receivers when Kodi is restarted. Not ideal, but at least the erratic behavior will stop.

I can add a feature to the Joystick Support add-on that lets you disable DirectInput scanning. The add-on also supports XInput, so that will still allow you to use all 360 and xbox one controllers, among some others.
(2017-02-08, 23:09)garbear Wrote:
(2017-02-08, 19:07)Eldorado Wrote: I'm assuming this issue is present in current v17 final where I can't have a joystick and imon enabled at the same time

garbear, do you need another debug log?

Version <= 16 was hard-coded to disable joysticks when an iMON device is present. In v17, I removed all device-specific code from Kodi, so this check got dropped.

iMON devices interfere with DirectInput. Or I should say, when Kodi scans for DirectInput devices, iMON goes haywire.

There is a tool that can be found through google that will allow you to disable iMON receivers when Kodi is restarted. Not ideal, but at least the erratic behavior will stop.

I can add a feature to the Joystick Support add-on that lets you disable DirectInput scanning. The add-on also supports XInput, so that will still allow you to use all 360 and xbox one controllers, among some others.

The addon option might be the best route, as long as I'm understanding this right... by disabling DirectInput scanning I would need/be able to manually select the controller? And with the scanning disabled, the joystick and imon can live together at the same time?
No, if DirectInput scanning is disabled then there is no way to use DirectInput controllers. If you have a 360 controller, this uses XInput instead of DirectInput, so this will still work. It's only DirectInput controllers that Kodi will no longer see.

So only XInput controllers (like the 360 or One) would be usable with iMON at the same time. At least this is the theory.

I've added this to my list of bugs. I'll try to get it in v17.1.
(2017-02-10, 00:26)garbear Wrote: No, if DirectInput scanning is disabled then there is no way to use DirectInput controllers. If you have a 360 controller, this uses XInput instead of DirectInput, so this will still work. It's only DirectInput controllers that Kodi will no longer see.

So only XInput controllers (like the 360 or One) would be usable with iMON at the same time. At least this is the theory.

I've added this to my list of bugs. I'll try to get it in v17.1.

Ah ok gotcha, yes I'm using a 360 controller.. thanks for looking into this!
Is there no Milhouse version for LibreElec that includes Krypton 17 final?
Is the official LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.95.3 supposed to allow the RetroPlayer features to work with the advancedsettings.xml option?

The LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-Milhouse-20170201223351-#0201-g9163913 release is Kodi 18 not 17.
The LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-Milhouse-20170211224117-%230211-g2c59d7d release is also Kodi 18.

What is the difference between Milhouse version 8.0 and 9.0 if not that 8.0 is supposed to be Kodi 17?

Does the official Kodi master have the RetroPlayer features in it, just disabled?

I really just want to use Kodi 17 final in LibreElec on generic hardware but can't seem to find a release that will allow me to use the RetroPlayer features.

Any ideas?
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2017-02-12, 20:41)MacGyver Wrote: Is there no Milhouse version for LibreElec that includes Krypton 17 final?
Is the official LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.95.3 supposed to allow the RetroPlayer features to work with the advancedsettings.xml option?

There is no Milhouse version for LibreELEC that includes Krypton 17 final - my builds are now based on Kodi 18 alpha 1.

I stopped producing Kodi 17-based builds when Kodi 17 branched at Kodi 17 rc3 or thereabouts - I only build from Kodi master which is now Kodi 18a1.

I don't think Retroplayer is officially supported by Kodi 17 so you won't find Retroplayer in any official LE Kodi 17 builds.

(2017-02-12, 20:41)MacGyver Wrote: The LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-Milhouse-20170201223351-#0201-g9163913 release is Kodi 18 not 17.
The LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-Milhouse-20170211224117-%230211-g2c59d7d release is also Kodi 18.

What is the difference between Milhouse version 8.0 and 9.0 if not that 8.0 is supposed to be Kodi 17?

Not much difference - essentially LibreELEC branched their master for LE9 development (with 8.x development continuing in the libreelec-8.0 branch as it heads towards release) at which point my builds (that always build from Kodi and LE master) started reflecting this change of version from 8.0 to 9.0. Since Kodi and LibreELEC are two different projects they advance their versions at their own pace - it just so happens that Kodi branched their master a few weeks before LibreELEC. The change from 8.0 to 9.0 is largely cosmetic.

(2017-02-12, 20:41)MacGyver Wrote: Does the official Kodi master have the RetroPlayer features in it, just disabled?

Yes it does, and Retroplayer is enabled.

(2017-02-12, 20:41)MacGyver Wrote: I really just want to use Kodi 17 final in LibreElec on generic hardware but can't seem to find a release that will allow me to use the RetroPlayer features.

Any ideas?

I don't think you'll find such a build, at least not an official build - there may be community builds with Kodi 17 final and Retroplayer backported but as it's now merged in Kodi 18 master I'm not sure why anyone would continue backporting to create an unofficial build when it would be easier to build Kodi 18a1.

Any particular reason why you must have Kodi 17 final?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Wow, thanks for the excellent explanation.

I was merely reluctant to start using Kodi 18 because of the number of charges needed to make the skin I like to use work again. I gave up in the end and just fixed what was needed to make it work again (about 150 string comparison changes and manually installing a beta version of script.skinshortcuts).

I hope Kodi 18 is stable enough for some light daily use. Smile

Thanks again for all the builds.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Stupid question from my side: what is the desired gui for kodi18? I read a lot about emulation station ( not tried it yet) and I am using the Games section after entering the Konami code in milhouse build (libreelec!). I choose to create folder for the different systems, added icons to it and like the way to start the Games from there... but I am not sure what is the desired GUI in the end? Can someone tell me the desired GUI at the end? Are we supposed to start an addon and choose the emulators from there (emulation station?) or can we start them in the home screen similar to the pvr addons?
The intended way for the retroplayer integration into Kodi is just like any other media you would open in Kodi. Store your games locally or in your network, like you do with your movies/mp3s and access them in the games library or files view in Kodi. The right emulator is automatically chosen and it just works. Once you close the game you are right back were you selected it in Kodi. No addon needed Smile I think you are good with the way you use it. Whats wrong about it? Tongue
Awesome, thank you! I am not saying there is anything wrong with it - this is my preferred way [emoji6]

However I have issues with the current skin implementation - maybe someone could help me? I posted this in the libreelec thread but couldn't get pinpointing on how to improve the home screen.

(2017-02-06, 16:31)linkinsoldier Wrote: I have one small question though: can the Games section somehow be modified? I created folder for the roms and choose thumbnail: Image

It looks beautiful (to me) but unfortunately it is not displayed on the homescreen (as for example the TV/pvr addons or the movies or the addons in general), but I first have to open the file section (and it looks like other screens with no data). I tried to get the first screen on the home screen... Can anybody help/pinpoint how to do this? I unfortunately wasn't able to find a way!
You will have to look for a skin that has a completely dynamic home screen, and is RetroPlayer compatible to be able to set it the way I think you are looking for.

Like this?
Looks good but actually I like the default skin very much! The only thing I want is to bring the folders on the home screen instead of the "enter files section" button!
You'll have to open a thread in the estuary forum I guess. This is not a Retroplayer issue...
(2017-02-18, 13:23)linkinsoldier Wrote: Stupid question from my side: what is the desired gui for kodi18?

The desired GUI is a movie library, but for games.

However, this depends on a game database, which isn't finished yet (current progress here). Until then, if you want artwork and metadata, you'll need to use an add-on like IARL or Advanced Launcher.

(2017-02-06, 16:31)linkinsoldier Wrote: I have one small question though: can the Games section somehow be modified?

I created the Games section. It's currently blank because I'm not a skinner Smile We could follow the Movie section, by showing folders of existing ROMs, but I would really like to focus it on game discovery. Such as showing popular games from add-ons, or similar titles to ones you own.

How do you think the Games section on the homescreen should work? Because we have a blank slate, anything is possible!
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16