• 64(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
(2016-02-10, 10:59)grumpygamer Wrote: Hello all, yesterday I tried to play Windjammers on Retroplayer OE but there seems to be no platform specific emulator for it.
I tried MAME - with which I played Passing Shot for 2 hours - but strangely it did not work (works on Openemu, mac).
So I went for BeetleNGP (supposedly "Included in build"), but it was nowhere to be found in the repository Sad
I then installed all the other MAME cores, but neither of them worked.
How can I get it to work?
Thanks

(2016-02-10, 11:25)zag Wrote: Windjammers = Best game ever! Wasnt it neo geo though?

Do you have the neogeo.zip?

I was able to play metalslug3 using mame2010 and the neogeo.zip
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
not sure about the neogeo.zip
is that the bios file?
If so where does it go?
Also, what emulator are you using?
Thanks!
(2016-02-10, 11:25)zag Wrote: Windjammers = Best game ever! Wasnt it neo geo though?

(2016-02-10, 11:36)grumpygamer Wrote: yes it is! And yes, best game EVER!

Windjammers happens to be in IARL's best of MAME list (under 'sports' games). Just tested it and seems to work with the retroplayer MAME core.
Running with latest build on Windows, my htpc has an iMON receiver for my remote control

With the RetroPlayer builds I get a constant iMON device found/added, then a second later it's deleted

This cycle repeats indefinitely causing brief freezes each time, I'm not able to use the remote control at all

I do have an X360 wireless receiver attached but at the time of the log I had not turned on any of the remotes

http://xbmclogs.com/pktnyiwfq
(2016-02-10, 11:36)grumpygamer Wrote: yes it is! And yes, best game EVER!

Off topic but try "Sanrio World Smash Ball" for SNES get past sanrio characters and enjoy Smile

Going be trying this builds over weekend on PC and raspberry, never thought this would happen Smile

Thank you all
I have xbox 360 remote configured to work with kodi, all keys and joystick work except when I launch an emulator! Is there a way to configure the 360 remote to work with snes emulators?

thanks
(2016-02-12, 21:13)Eldorado Wrote: Running with latest build on Windows, my htpc has an iMON receiver for my remote control

With the RetroPlayer builds I get a constant iMON device found/added, then a second later it's deleted

This cycle repeats indefinitely causing brief freezes each time, I'm not able to use the remote control at all

I do have an X360 wireless receiver attached but at the time of the log I had not turned on any of the remotes

iMON hardware conflicted with the old joystick stuff, so joysticks were disabled when iMON hardware was detected.

Now, joysticks are independent from iMON, and it looks like this separation broke stuff. I'll add this to the list of known issues, but probably can't fix unless I test with iMON hardware.
(2016-02-13, 00:52)unclejoe01 Wrote: I have xbox 360 remote configured to work with kodi, all keys and joystick work except when I launch an emulator! Is there a way to configure the 360 remote to work with snes emulators?

thanks

Not having a 360 remote, I'm not sure what this entails. Does it show up as a joystick? Does it use keyboard drivers? Does it use custom IR handling like LIRC?

If it uses keyboard drivers, you can create an "emulated controller" in the Game Input settings. This lets you control additional players with devices that use keyboard drivers.
I tried again with latest openelec generic.
The issues left :
- no option to choose the emulator for a specific kind of extension or on a directory, for example a pcx rom open with amiga emulator...
- flickering with mupen64plus, with crash at start sometimes

For the rest, its really in a good shape, specially the input controller work, good work Garbear !
Will test more accurently when garbear pr will get include in master.

Bibi
thanks for testing!

(2016-02-14, 18:33)bibi Wrote: - no option to choose the emulator for a specific kind of extension or on a directory, for example a pcx rom open with amiga emulator...

What do you mean? An emulator decides what extensions it supports in its addon.xml, e.g. Snes9x has the line

Code:
<extensions>smc|sfc|swc|fig</extensions>

so it works with those four extensions. Are you saying we should override this in Kodi? Or that we need an amiga emulator? (which we don't have yet, you can see in the core matrix)

(2016-02-14, 18:33)bibi Wrote: - flickering with mupen64plus, with crash at start sometimes

This is the core I'm most looking forward too, but it's still highly experimental. When I rewrite the player I'll try to get OpenGL support working more reliably.
(2016-02-14, 18:33)bibi Wrote: I tried again with latest openelec generic.
The issues left :
- no option to choose the emulator for a specific kind of extension or on a directory, for example a pcx rom open with amiga emulator...

It will match the file extension to the known extensions supported by the currently installed emulators. Because some extensions are supported by multiple emulators this makes it impossible without some kind of lookup database. Just manually Install the emulator for the rom and when you select the rom a dialogue will open showing the available emulators for the given extension.

(2016-02-14, 18:33)bibi Wrote: - flickering with mupen64plus, with crash at start sometimes
Go into the mupen64plus addon settings and set the "gfx plugin" to "rice". I have had good performance on most games with this setting.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2016-02-13, 01:16)garbear Wrote:
(2016-02-12, 21:13)Eldorado Wrote: Running with latest build on Windows, my htpc has an iMON receiver for my remote control

iMON hardware conflicted with the old joystick stuff, so joysticks were disabled when iMON hardware was detected.

Now, joysticks are independent from iMON, and it looks like this separation broke stuff. I'll add this to the list of known issues, but probably can't fix unless I test with iMON hardware.

Ok thanks, I wouldn't mind looking into donating an imon device if that is possible?

Otherwise I am available to constantly test any changes

thanks!
The original iMON fix dates back to 2012 with PR 1111. There's a lot of information in that thread (and possibly in closed iMON issues too). The original solution was to disable all joysticks, so hopefully we can do better.

With an iMON I could fix this directly, but it might also be the case that I can find the bug with a detailed report of the problem and a debug log.

EDIT: Their ham-fisted approach might still work, try disabling joysticks by removing peripheral.addon (I don't think this can be done in the GUI anymore)
Hi,

I dont know if the issue is related to openelec build or anything else, but i dont like the automated way to launch roms, even if you can change the default emulator in a xml file.
An idea :
Create a categorie "game" on a folder like when you scrape a movie, and proposed a list of emulators which will appear when you press ok on one of the game inside the folder.

But as you said first the input pr and next it will be time to improve the rest.

Thanks again Garbear

Bibi
Being able to set the default emulator on individual folders, games, platforms, etc. is a good idea. This entails a database to store the configuration.

I've tried scaling our existing movie/tv show/music databases to include games, but our database system is kind of a mess. I ended up with a even bigger mess and gave up. I also tried starting from scratch and bypassing the entire thing, but this quickly became too massive a project. Also abandoned.

What we need is an ORM wrapper. This is kind of a compromise between the two approaches. It lets you interface new code and existing code with very little overhead. Currently, the best candidate is ODB, but generating the glue code requires changes to our build system which haven't been worked on yet.

On the bright side, once this is complete, many things will be possible, including per-folder, per-platform and per-game emulator settings. We also get a game library, but our game scraper to fill the library isn't finished yet. Much progress has been made on that as well. Good things to look forward too.
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16