• 82(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
(2016-09-14, 19:02)Javah Wrote:
(2016-09-13, 20:58)a1rwulf Wrote: 17beta2 is untested atm and needs some more work.
Someone from the team helped out and a new testbuild includes joystick support now (still untested though).

Hi A1rwulf,

Which build has the joystick support in? Can anyone confirm if it works yet?

Kind Regards

Still untested, but I've installed it and seems peripheral.joystick is there:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...7beta2.exe

edit:
After a short test, my xbox360 controller works and I just gave nestopia addon a shot - works for me.
New build uploaded based on 17 beta 2. Only OSX for now (libretro cores fail to compile on windows)
I made a strange observation upgrading from stock Jarvis build (Windows 7 64): No Joypad was detected (I have a 360 wireless). I then tried with an empty kodi profile, now joypad support was working (I tried Alpha 3 and a1rwulfs Beta 2). I tracked it down to addons.db. Whenever i had a previous addon db, joypad was no longer working. (I tried db versions 19 and 20).
For now i will probably start with a fresh addon db, but i am curious what causes that (didn't find any suspicous entries in the log, had just a quick look though)
RetroPlayer's joystick support has been merged. You'll need to configure your controller using this guide. If you want your controller configured out of the box, post your xml file here and I'll add it to Kodi.
As I said, the controller wasn't detcted at all. So I wasn't able to configure it, because those options were greyed. Also, isn't picodrive supossed to play Sega 8 bit Games as well? Whenever I try to start a SMS Game, It says that there is no emulator for that....
Ah, never mind, just noticed, that this beta 2 build hasn't all the libreto cores. (Guess as you mentioned, they are actually broken right now). SMS Games not playing seems only the case, when those are zipped. Strange enough, because other system games seem to work, even when zipped.
(2016-09-22, 11:14)Canuma Wrote: As I said, the controller wasn't detcted at all.

Can you post a debug log?

(2016-09-22, 11:14)Canuma Wrote: SMS Games not playing seems only the case, when those are zipped. Strange enough, because other system games seem to work, even when zipped.

Playing from a .zip file requires "VFS support" which you can see here: libretro core matrix. VFS is virtual file system, which is all things that are not a plain file on a local disk.
Rememboer that upgrading from jarvis made your controller not work. You need a clean install.

Any news on windows build, @garbear? Alpha has many problems with video and nvidia hardware Sad
Binary add-ons are failing to build on win32. Latest investigation is from h.udo: https://github.com/hudokkow/xbmc/commit/...t-19126853

The current retroplayer beta 2 build is based on 17 beta 2 (released 17 september). I'll try rebasing RetroPlayer on an earlier nightly (31 august) and see if the problem was introduced within this time period.
Just downloaded the latest OSX version. Trying out a few emulators just with keyboard and mouse.

Nestopia:
Failed the first time I launched. Said it required game.controller.nes.zapper.
Deleted <import addon="game.controller.nes.zapper" version="1.0.0" optional="true"/> from the addon.xml and now it launches. Doesn't look like the optional flag is being adhered to.

Same issue for 4DO, worked after i deleted the optional controller in the addon.xml

Genesis Plus GX launches and plays fine, but then when I stop the game (using the stop button on OSD), Kodi crashes. log here.
Beetle NGP fails to launch game, log here.
Mupen64Plus fails to launch game, log here.

One additional nitpick: when a bios file is not present, you get a generic error dialog, while the log specifies the issue. If it's possible to tell the user the bios file isn't present using a dialog that might help them understand what the issue is.

Everything else I tried worked great! These builds are are awesome. Looking forward to when it's a part of Kodi.
I think Mupen64Plus is entirely missing in the builds right now.
For sure it has never worked on OSX.
(2016-09-23, 22:35)a1rwulf Wrote: I think Mupen64Plus is entirely missing in the builds right now.
For sure it has never worked on OSX.

Fair enough. The folder game.libretro.mupen64plus and core game.libretro.mupen64plus.dylib are in latest build though (in the app contents folder), so I gave it a try.
The core is included, but I think it's missing the necessary code in kodi.
Thanks anyway for reporting your experience.
(2016-09-23, 22:30)zachmorris Wrote: Nestopia:
Failed the first time I launched. Said it required game.controller.nes.zapper.
Deleted <import addon="game.controller.nes.zapper" version="1.0.0" optional="true"/> from the addon.xml and now it launches. Doesn't look like the optional flag is being adhered to.

Same issue for 4DO, worked after i deleted the optional controller in the addon.xml

Noted, I'll look into this.

(2016-09-23, 22:30)zachmorris Wrote: Genesis Plus GX launches and plays fine, but then when I stop the game (using the stop button on OSD), Kodi crashes. log here.

Crash could be caused by the core. I'll try to step through in debug mode and see if I can find the crash.

(2016-09-23, 22:30)zachmorris Wrote: Beetle NGP fails to launch game, log here.

This one I can actually fix Smile I changed retroplayer to fail hard and fast if the core's addon.xml lies. In this case,

Code:
DEBUG: AddOnLog: Neo Geo (Beetle NGP): CORE: Supports VFS:    false
DEBUG: AddOnLog: Neo Geo (Beetle NGP): CORE: ----------------------------------
ERROR: AddOnLog: Neo Geo (Beetle NGP): CORE: VFS support doesn't match addon.xml: true
ERROR: ADDON: Dll Neo Geo (Beetle NGP) - Client returned bad status (6) from Create and is not usable

This change should fix it: https://github.com/kodi-game/game.libret...it/d92be00

(2016-09-23, 22:30)zachmorris Wrote: One additional nitpick: when a bios file is not present, you get a generic error dialog, while the log specifies the issue. If it's possible to tell the user the bios file isn't present using a dialog that might help them understand what the issue is.

I plan to handle bioses using "game resource add-ons". If the add-on isn't found, Kodi will say "Could not launch game: game.resource.gensis not found", and giving the user a specific google search term is about as easy as it gets Wink

(2016-09-23, 22:30)zachmorris Wrote: Looking forward to when it's a part of Kodi.

The PR is scheduled to be merged soon after Kodi branches for release. Maybe a month, but now that Kodi is in the windows store a lot of bugs are popping up, so maybe more.
The controller connect or disconnect notification, I think it can be on a corner of the screen.

I use xbox 360 controller to launch movies and after 10-15 minutes controller will turn off and a line of subtitles will be covered by the notification message.

Also noticed that when a controller is connected, all controller vibrates, not just the recently connected. And if it´s disconnected, other controllers will vibrate.
(2016-09-26, 03:13)trihy Wrote: The controller connect or disconnect notification, I think it can be on a corner of the screen.

I use xbox 360 controller to launch movies and after 10-15 minutes controller will turn off and a line of subtitles will be covered by the notification message.

This is determined by the skin. I'll bring it up with the Estuary guys.

(2016-09-26, 03:13)trihy Wrote: Also noticed that when a controller is connected, all controller vibrates, not just the recently connected. And if it´s disconnected, other controllers will vibrate.

The controllers vibrate when a notification is shown, but the notification might have come from something else besides a controller (like an add-on updating), so Kodi doesn't know the source of the notification.

I'll look into making Kodi aware of the source so that it can limit the number of controllers that vibrate when one is plugged in.

Thanks for your feedback!
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16