Win Ember, XBMC, SAB & CouchPotato Set Up
I'm a little beffudled about the best way to get these three items running.

I've have CP doing its thing nicely, but I don't let it do much in the way of post-processing apart from renaming and moving to XBMC source directory, then notifying XBMC so it scans.

I have since discovered Ember, and much prefer the idea of keeping .nfo, fanart in the folders so re-scans are much easier. However, I'm a little unsure as to the best way to achieve this.

I'm guessing I want CP to snatch as normal and pass to SAB, then have it rename and move the file to the XBMC source, but NOT notify XBMC to scan. At this point, I'm not sure what to do to get Ember to automatically scan any new films, grab the fanart, generate the .nfo and so-on without asking, then notify XBMC to scan.

Can someone help clear-up this process? I realise there are certain things I'll have to do manually like add to sets in Ember, but that's OK.

Apologies if this has already been asked...
Myself use those applications and I configured couchpotato to rename and save finished movies in "work/temp" directory on my NAS Share (which isn't active directory in XBMC database to avoid XBMC scraping). From time to time I look up in that work directory - check first filename/nfo of every movie and then movie it to its "final" directory (I have my movie collection sorted in genre folders so I have to do this manually). After that I start up Ember, refresh database and begin manuall scraping - I don't want to do this automatically because I want to have full genre control and also choose fanart/poster myself during scraping. This all sounds like a lot of work but I found this the best way because I need some "quality" control for my movies added to XBMC Smile

For weekly episodes it's different - since I don't care of episodes I let sickbeard directly save them in according tv show folder on my Share, let Sickbeard rename them correctly so can hit refresh database button on my remote control and episodes are scanned and integrated in library. Works great.
Thanks, that seems reasonable.

CP renames and moves my movies into an XBMC source folder and tells XBMC to update, but I have just started using Ember to tidy up my movie collection (about 600) so I was looking for a lazy way to do it. I do have a little OCD so I may use your method. I don't necessarily like the way XBMC does collections, so I started using Ember to put all Star Trek movies into one collection (not split into three collections - original, TNG and new) as they are now...same for Disney films. I like the Disney cartoon films to be in one collection for easy access for my daughter...same for Pixar animations and so on.

But yeah, I think once I've tidied everything up that I already have, I'll take your approach.

I don't let Ember manage my TV shows and am happy with SickBeard doing its' thing as you are.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember, XBMC, SAB & CouchPotato Set Up0