• 10(current)
[RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon
eagerly waiting for update thanksNod
With Kodi 16 (running on W10 on a laptop), all RT streams worked for me. After updating to Kodi 17.3, only RT Documentaries works. RT News from the web site works fine.
V2.0.2 fixes live streams.
A pull request has been made for the kodi.org repo
The add-on should update in a few days.
(2017-05-28, 13:28)FlyingPhalanger Wrote: With Kodi 16 (running on W10 on a laptop), all RT streams worked for me. After updating to Kodi 17.3, only RT Documentaries works. RT News from the web site works fine.

Guess I'm not the only one then. It's got something to do with Krypton... ?
(2017-05-28, 17:59)learningit Wrote: V2.0.2 fixes live streams.

I think I'll stick with v1.10.1. With all due respect... lol

I have it set to not update.

I would just like to say that I appreciate the way you stay on top of things and keep these addons functioning. :-)
(2017-05-28, 21:03)mrsfixit Wrote:

I would just like to say that I appreciate the way you stay on top of things and keep these addons functioning. :-)
Not sure what to make from the above comment as it's been made before the 2.0.2 update is available in the kodi.org repo.

SO AS NOT TO CONFUSE PEOPLE, I can confirm that V2.0.2 works under Kodi 17 on Windows, Android, LibreElec.
V1.10.1 will most likely fail with Kodi 18 as it uses long deprecated routines which will eventually become unavailable.
I would strongly recommend using V2.0.2 unless there is a specific platform issue with it.
Thank you for the update.... Learningit you are awesome...
(2017-05-28, 22:23)learningit Wrote:
(2017-05-28, 21:03)mrsfixit Wrote:

Not sure what to make from the above comment as it's been made before the 2.0.2 update is available in the kodi.org repo.

SO AS NOT TO CONFUSE PEOPLE, I can confirm that V2.0.2 works under Kodi 17 on Windows, Android, LibreElec.
V1.10.1 will most likely fail with Kodi 18 as it uses long deprecated routines which will eventually become unavailable.
I would strongly recommend using V2.0.2 unless there is a specific platform issue with it.

Sorry for the confusion.

I can confirm that version 1.10.1 is working for me on LibreElec 7.03/Kodi 16/ Jarvis on a Raspberry Pi 3.

I'm holding off on any upgrades for the moment.

***UPDATE***

Ok, I had a few minutes, a spare Pi2, and I put LibreElec 17/Krypton on it.

I installed RT v2.0.2 and I can confirm that all live streams are working.

Good work learningit, as usual. :-)
The live stream seems INTERNATIONAL, AMERICAN and UK seem to keep buffering every minute or two. It used to work flawlessly the last several updates. I get no buffering when watching the live streams via browser.

RT v2.0.2

KODI 15.2
I'm also having buffering issues about every 10 minutes or so. Running on Kodi 17.3 ARM CPU Android 5.1.1. Even tried Kodi 18 nightly build with the updated addon. Same buffering.

Interestingly If I pass Kodi the streaming URL as discovered via hls snooping no noticeable buffering happens. So I twiddled the url section in the default.py again to suit my needs. I'm guessing that the server side jwplayer stuff (referenced in the default.py url from our kodi coder), may be too resource greedy for my android box, but maybe there's a way to up the buffer size, if this would fix my issue.

Anyone else?

Confused.
Has anyone experiencing this issue tried adjusting the stream quality in add-on settings?
I have no.issues on Windows, Amazon Fire TV and Libreelec
(2017-06-07, 05:57)learningit Wrote: Has anyone experiencing this issue tried adjusting the stream quality in add-on settings?

I'm testing LibreElec/Krypton on a spare Raspberry Pi2. I have RT streaming and am not having issues on the medium resolution setting. It works fine.
(2017-06-07, 05:57)learningit Wrote: Has anyone experiencing this issue tried adjusting the stream quality in add-on settings?

So I ran some different resolutions == lo and behold the new stream stopped buffering at 480/medium resolution on both machines, android arm processor box and a desktop linux install (AMD64). Looks like it is probably a link issue I'm guessing, but I think it's worth mentioning that for the time being the old url:

http://rt-eng-live.hls.adaptive.level3.n...x2500.m3u8

works without an hiccup on both my machines at all resolutions. The url below only streams smoothly at 480:

https://rt-eng-live-hls.secure.footprint...x2500.m3u8

Both are served via Level3, one has the https resource and this stream is the problem for me.

Also worth noting that streaming with web browser on either platform on the very same network -- no noticeable buffering occurs.

Time of day doesn't seem to matter either. So is my kodi box choking on the security stuff implied by the https url? or is the server side load causing the buffering?

I tried installing the advancedsettings.xml file like so:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <cache>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <memorysize>52428800</memorysize>
  </cache>
</advancedsettings>
Still buffers.

anyone have any ideas please chime in.
I do not possess psychic powers or a crystal ball. If you want explore why, a detailed log file with both ffmpeg and libcurl component specific logging enabled is required. This will generate an enormous log file which may be too large to upload. Even then you will most likely not get the answer you're seeking. The stream has changed and it appears that the new stream requires more processing than some platforms can handle at higher resolution. You're not going to be able to change RT stream, so options are limited.

TLS processing is hard on a processor. That combined with IV key processing (I haven't checked in IV keys being used, but they usually are) will dramatically increase required processing, particularly in platforms lacking hw support.
Sorry if this is repeated. First time posting.

I use pi3 box with librelelec. Just updated to krypton a few days earlier and have been having a lot of buffering problems. when you go to RT live, and you get get the RT global, America, U.K., documentary and Arabic, they all seem to have a lot of buffering. I changed the config for live stream to medium and low this improved all except the Arabic one. I also noticed in the stats box, bottom right hand it show the resolution for low and medium the same at 480 sd, it did not change for low setting. Also the Arabic one stayed at 720 hd. This could explain why the Arabic one buffers the worst.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon2