Sharing library (sql or emby): watched status is still shared?
Simple question, is watched status still stored in the DB either when sharing via sql or emby?

I have 3 machines and would love to centralize my DB on synology but i dont want the watched status shared Sad this is the only things that prevented me in past with centralized library
Using emby would allow you to share content but not the watch status if you use a different user for each device. Is this what you are asking for?

Sent from my iPhone
I don't know, however, I use a shared library and there are entries in the "advancedsettings.xml" for "importwatchedstate" and "importresumepoint". I would assume that if you don't include those in your "advancedsettings.xml" file, you don't share those, but you'd need to try it or have somebody who knows how it works to confirm that.

As angelblue05 said, you could also use different profiles for different users, which might give you what you need. Again, I haven't used that to tell you for sure.
(2016-08-31, 05:33)bilgepump Wrote: I don't know, however, I use a shared library and there are entries in the "advancedsettings.xml" for "importwatchedstate" and "importresumepoint". I would assume that if you don't include those in your "advancedsettings.xml" file, you don't share those, but you'd need to try it or have somebody who knows how it works to confirm that.

Nope. Wiki --> "<importwatchedstate> is only needed when you're importing a previous library from exported files."

(2016-08-31, 05:33)bilgepump Wrote: As angelblue05 said, you could also use different profiles for different users, which might give you what you need. Again, I haven't used that to tell you for sure.

Yep. That is the solution.
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
Thank you all. Will start learning about Emby then. As i am a total newbie there. I have a synology so will try to start from there.

Btw "different user for each device" means what? Cause each machine currently has it's individual profile in the skin/kodi settings. Or the profiles here are in emby?

Another question, using emby would prevent me to scrape using Universal movie scraper for movies and XEM for shows, right? Meaning, it would start downloading stuff like poster, nfo etc etc to each folder?
Cause my actual set up doesnt do this.
Ok, still not possible atm even with different user profiles...

Read here --> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=81095
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
(2016-08-31, 05:24)angelblue05 Wrote: Using emby would allow you to share content but not the watch status if you use a different user for each device. Is this what you are asking for?

Sent from my iPhone

Is this really true? Watched status are not shared via using dif. profiles?

(2016-09-08, 13:04)john.cord Wrote: Ok, still not possible atm even with different user profiles...

2 dif. informations lol. But does emby use mysql?
1. Yes, the watch status per profile on your emby server are independent from each other.

2. No, the emby server replaces the need for mysql. This means you can use different version of Kodi on different device. The emby for kodi add-on will sync the same content/watch status depending on which emby profile is used.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-09-10, 05:01)angelblue05 Wrote: 1. Yes, the watch status per profile on your emby server are independent from each other.

2. No, the emby server replaces the need for mysql. This means you can use different version of Kodi on different device. The emby for kodi add-on will sync the same content/watch status depending on which emby profile is used.

Sent from my iPhone

As you know, already migrated and donated Smile I think "welcome aboard" Big Grin

(2016-09-08, 13:04)john.cord Wrote: Ok, still not possible atm even with different user profiles...

Nope, sir, you are WRONG.

It works by using EMBY, like mr. angelblue05 posted. Check things better next time before making post merely for post count Rolleyes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sharing library (sql or emby): watched status is still shared?0