Have to decide between an Ouya box, a mini-itx e50 based
Hi,

Price being an important factor in my choice I would need some help to decide which is the best route to go

After reading about the Ouya probably a good value for its price considering it has the remote, some say the wifi isn't great, but an adapter/bridge would solve this, and if you use the right xbmc buit or flash to linux it seems that xmbc will be running nice on it if I understood correctly.
Second option seems to be appealing, I can get from china a mini-itx pc assembled already for around 170$ shipped based on: many choices: (planning on a tiny win 7 install or openelec)

E350, 8gb ssd, 2gb memory, wifi or
D2500 rest the same or
G530 rest the same or
1037U rest the same.

Price difference not that much
Not sure if I go this route which cpu would be my best option as for the better xbmc exprience or no difference? mind you I am using raspbmc on rapberry pi and I am very happy with it the only thing it doesn't appeal to my brother for whom I will be buying this set up, too bad for him.

Any idea, thought, personal experience..input is highly appreciated.

Thanks
By the sounds of it your mistaking the Pivos XIOS set top box with the Ouya, the Ouya does not run XBMC linux it runs a custom version of Android. The XIOS runs stock Android which you can run XBMC under but also has a linux XBMC only firmware similar to Openelec. The wireless is not so great on the XIOS so an ethernet bridge is recommended for better wireless performance.

As to which is more stable the XIOS is, if your brother is not keen on a DIY solution than go with the XIOS.
(2013-09-16, 10:09)Starstream Wrote: By the sounds of it your mistaking the Pivos XIOS set top box with the Ouya, the Ouya does not run XBMC linux it runs a custom version of Android. The XIOS runs stock Android which you can run XBMC under but also has a linux XBMC only firmware similar to Openelec. The wireless is not so great on the XIOS so an ethernet bridge is recommended for better wireless performance.

As to which is more stable the XIOS is, if your brother is not keen on a DIY solution than go with the XIOS.

Thank you for the clarification, exactly mixed up ouya with the xios, no problem with the DIY solution it is up to me actually any ideas on which processor to chose?
Thanks
You'll see a very significant difference for the additional money on the mini-ITX system. The Celeron 1037U is excellent and well worth the price difference.

OUYA is an excellent box and I would say is currently the better value than the Pivos XIOS, which runs about the same price ($100 USD). It's not bad at all, but assuming the $170 is also in USD, I would say go with the Celeron if you can afford it.
Thank you Ned,

After rechecking the x-26 mini-itx with the 1037U will come shipped ( if it escapes the random custom checks ) for US $195.58, will have to add a remote unless it supports cec like the rpi I will have to look into it.
The Ouya will come shipped for 117.25 $ from amazon.ca.
No matter how to I turn it if I want a DIY solution here in Canada for an Itx with a G1610 can't seem to have it for less than the shipped price of the x-26.
couple of concerns about the Ouya:
the remote is it reliable from about 10 m distance? I never understood why my brother put his tv at the other END of the living room! or should I look at another remote, suggestions?
The wireless seems to be hit and miss would be something like that be compatible?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Ship...37776.html

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Have to decide between an Ouya box, a mini-itx e50 based0