• 6(current)
[WIP] Multi Slideshow Screensaver
I really liked this ScreenSaver in 12.x and hopefully it will be ported to 13.x as well...
Hi,

Is this still being developed? It's a great idea!
Hi sphere,

A very cheeky question - are you OK if I copy some of your code? I wanted to try something out, and it seems that you already have some great stuff here that I can make use of.

Thanks

Rob
(2014-11-13, 18:32)rob_webset Wrote: A very cheeky question - are you OK if I copy some of your code? I wanted to try something out, and it seems that you already have some great stuff here that I can make use of.

Hi Rob,

of course I am fine with it Smile

Feel free to copy any code, its Open Source. I am curious, what do you have in mind?

regards,
spere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2014-11-13, 19:04)sphere Wrote:
(2014-11-13, 18:32)rob_webset Wrote: A very cheeky question - are you OK if I copy some of your code? I wanted to try something out, and it seems that you already have some great stuff here that I can make use of.

Hi Rob,

of course I am fine with it Smile

Feel free to copy any code, its Open Source. I am curious, what do you have in mind?

regards,
spere

Thanks sphere,

I want to try and see if I can add a screensaver to TvTunes that will play the TV Themes for TV Shows and Movies that have been already saved - and thought that it would be good to also display images of the TV Show/Movie at the same time. You seemed to have something that people already liked - so I thought that would be a good basis to see what I can get going.

As a side note - I'm using the default Movie/TV scraper at the moment - seems to just get a single fanart image - if there recommended ways to get lots of images for a given TV Show or Movie?

It's just an experiment at the moment - not sure if it's anything that will pan out.

Thanks

Rob
Hi sphere,

Managed to get the first version out Big Grin

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1838025

Rob
(2014-03-14, 21:51)propergol Wrote:
(2014-03-09, 03:54)majorsl Wrote: I'm giving this a whirl on Gotham B1. On two XBMC installs it'll run for a random amount of time and then freeze. I can hear XBMC "behind" it working... pressing the "s" key actually brings up the shutdown panel on top of the screen saver so I can exit.

I'm wondering if I have a corrupted piece of movie fanart causing problems, although I'm at a loss to figure out how to find it.

I have the same issue but I don't think its corrupted thing.
I realy like this slideshow and hope it would runs better with Gotham (latest nigltly here)

Also not running for me on Gotham (Openelec); that circle just goes and goes and nothing. The regular Slideshow works great but I wanted to use this as there are some cool transitions.
(2014-11-22, 19:04)teredactle Wrote: Also not running for me on Gotham (Openelec); that circle just goes and goes and nothing. The regular Slideshow works great but I wanted to use this as there are some cool transitions.

If you wanted to give the following a go:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1841586

It was based off of sphere work - so if you still see the problem with that - please enable logging - if I find a fix for you I can feed it back into "Multi-Slideshow" - it's the least I can do as sphere allowed me to use some of his code.

Thanks

Rob

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm assuming that any problem with Multi-Slideshow will also be in TvTunes Screensaver - so the fix would be the same - the reason I'm referring to TvTunes to add logging, is because I know that addon better!
(2014-11-22, 19:24)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-11-22, 19:04)teredactle Wrote: Also not running for me on Gotham (Openelec); that circle just goes and goes and nothing. The regular Slideshow works great but I wanted to use this as there are some cool transitions.

If you wanted to give the following a go:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1841586

It was based off of sphere work - so if you still see the problem with that - please enable logging - if I find a fix for you I can feed it back into "Multi-Slideshow" - it's the least I can do as sphere allowed me to use some of his code.

Thanks

Rob

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm assuming that any problem with Multi-Slideshow will also be in TvTunes Screensaver - so the fix would be the same - the reason I'm referring to TvTunes to add logging, is because I know that addon better!

So just so I understand,TV Tunes addon to see if I get the same issue? Any release in particular? The link points to 4.5.4, but then I see other posts with fixes and such.

thanks
(2014-11-29, 00:46)teredactle Wrote: So just so I understand,TV Tunes addon to see if I get the same issue? Any release in particular? The link points to 4.5.4, but then I see other posts with fixes and such.

thanks

Just an idea really - TvTunes used some of the code in "Multi Slideshow Screensaver" as a base for it's screensaver - so if there is a fundamental issue, then it might be in both.

The latest TvTunes would be best. (Should be in the official repo by now)

Rob
Unfortunately it crashes running Kodi. Error message is

Code:
19:22:15 T:4478955520   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named simplejson
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/path/to/Kodi/addons/script.screensaver.multi_slideshow/screensaver.py", line 26, in <module>
                                                import simplejson as json
                                            ImportError: No module named simplejson
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Please have it fixed until the release Blush
Hello

I have been running this very fine screensaver quite happily, using pics held in a folder on an external NAS server.

For entirely unconnected reasons, mainly due to a corrupted SD card, I've done a complete reinstall right from scratch.

I now have the slightly curious situation where it won't let me select the NAS folder, it simply doesn't appear on the list of choices under the Multi Slideshow Screensaver settings, even though it was there before. It shows, Home Folder, KODI (the SD card), and Root Filesystem. But not Volumes. Home Folder doesn't show anything when selected.. I can supply a log if that will help. I also have the issue noted by a poster above, whereby the screen dims, even though the dimming option is not checked.

It works perfectly with the default fanart, even though I haven't chosen that.

Set up is Pivos M3 box, running Hydra.
8MB SD card
all media files on external NAS
Box administered via Macbook
Metropolis skin

I'm perfectly prepared to believe that I've messed something up somewhere, but I'm mystified as to why it was working this time yesterday but not now. All suggestions welcome

EDIT Just done two things I should have tried before: rebooted the NAS server, and tried with a different screensaver. Neither made any difference and the image folder is proving just as elusive in the different saver. Ho hum

ANOTHER EDIT I am officially a complete and utter plonker of the highest order. Following the clean install I'd forgotten to specify a source for the pics. That's done and now all is both hunky and dory.
(2015-02-02, 12:17)Grumpy1954 Wrote: I've done a complete reinstall right from scratch.

Which version did you use?
(2015-02-02, 16:48)sbreit Wrote:
(2015-02-02, 12:17)Grumpy1954 Wrote: I've done a complete reinstall right from scratch.

Which version did you use?

It's ok problem solved. See my edit.

I've only just stopped banging my head on the desk.

And thanks for taking the trouble to reply, much appreciated even if no longer necessary
I really like this screen saver, but I just upgraded from Gotham to Helix and it gets a script error. I did a fresh install onto my FireTV (not rooted) and not to sure what the problem. any one else have this problem?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Multi Slideshow Screensaver2