• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Mediacorp TV Singapore Addon
Thanks for the greatwork..but anyone knows how to stream from overseas?
I can watch the drama but not the variety show such as Come Home S3...will be great if have a solution for this..
Thanks a lot
(2015-05-28, 11:25)wkc123 Wrote: Thanks for the greatwork..but anyone knows how to stream from overseas?
I can watch the drama but not the variety show such as Come Home S3...will be great if have a solution for this..
Thanks a lot
Which category/channel is "Come Home S3" under? Which specific episode are you having trouble with?
(2015-05-28, 14:18)learningit Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 11:25)wkc123 Wrote: Thanks for the greatwork..but anyone knows how to stream from overseas?
Thanks a lot
Which category/channel is "Come Home S3" under? Which specific episode are you having trouble with?

Sorry...i think there's a problem with toggle...I go to the website and it's not loading the main page.
Maybe they are having some maintenance..will try tomorrow...
Thanks anyway..
I got this transcript error when im trying to load into Mediacorp folder
(2015-05-28, 16:12)wkc123 Wrote: I got this transcript error when im trying to load into Mediacorp folder
EDIT I think the website is being worked on. Give it a try tomorrow.
(2015-05-28, 17:57)learningit Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 16:12)wkc123 Wrote: I got this transcript error when im trying to load into Mediacorp folder
EDIT I think the website is being worked on. Give it a try tomorrow.

It's working now...maybe the website is having maintenance work on last nite.
Thanks for the effort..
Just started using the add-on and watched a whole episode of "Neighborhood Chef"... Singapore sure is interesting!
Sorry -a newbie question.

How to push this addon to install on AFTV please? Any step-by-step help guide?

Thanks
Colin
There's a new version (V1.5.0) in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.mediacorp/

I basically rewrote the addon to optimize for the ftv skin (which I highly recommend). You can select the views at each level in the addon.
The view values are correct for the ftv skin, they need to be changed for any other skin.
All that's needed for the ftv skin is to goto addon settings and Enable Views.
I chose a page size of 10 because the addon is quite a bit slower when loading metadata, particularly outside of Singapore.

There are still a few kinks to workout, but I'm pretty happy with how this looks in the ftv skin, as well as others. Please let me know how it works for you.
im from overseas and tried the 1.5 update and it takes forever to load.Any chance to switch back to 1.4.6. it so much better...
(2015-06-05, 18:45)ksleejoe Wrote: im from overseas and tried the 1.5 update and it takes forever to load.Any chance to switch back to 1.4.6. it so much better...

You can always go to your addons/packages directory and reload the old version - you may need to turn off auto-update to avoid updating the addon.

I run this from overseas as well and it is slower with the metadata turned on. The added metadata is well worth the longer times for me.
There are 2 things you can do to speed the addon up.
1) you can lower the pagesize in the addon settings from 10 to something lower which will only return that number of items per page.
2) you can favourite the particular show you want to watch.

The load time will also be much faster once the images have loaded once and been cached. The toggle site seems very slow loading images at certain times of the day.
What kind of time does it take to load a specific show for you? I don't see times longer than 10-15 seconds.
i was auto upgraded to 1.5.0.

The individual episodes never seem to load.

I rolled back to 1.4.6 and everything is peachy again.

I'm located in SG, btw. So latency/bandwdith should not be an issue.
(2015-06-06, 18:30)simic Wrote: i was auto upgraded to 1.5.0.

Can you give me a specific example of what you're trying to do. I did this work while I was home in Singapore and it worked there, as well as here in NY.
It is slower to load because of the additional metadata being loaded, but not to the point of being unusable. How long are you waiting?

Please post a debug log to xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com so I can have a look at what is going on. It may be platform related.

EDIT As an example each block of 10 episodes for "The 5 Show" in Channel 5 takes about 20 seconds to load here in NY, I'd expect it to be faster in Singapore.
version 1.5.2 in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.mediacorp

This version has some optimization for the metadata.
And just because I know whatever I do to make it better, for the "kiasu" among you, I added a addon setting to disable metadata and behave like 1.4.6.
(2015-06-06, 19:22)learningit Wrote:
(2015-06-06, 18:30)simic Wrote: i was auto upgraded to 1.5.0.

Can you give me a specific example of what you're trying to do. I did this work while I was home in Singapore and it worked there, as well as here in NY.
It is slower to load because of the additional metadata being loaded, but not to the point of being unusable. How long are you waiting?

Please post a debug log to xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com so I can have a look at what is going on. It may be platform related.

EDIT As an example each block of 10 episodes for "The 5 Show" in Channel 5 takes about 20 seconds to load here in NY, I'd expect it to be faster in Singapore.

Ok, I was too impatient. Each block takes about 15 to 20+secs to load.

I'm on VQW fiber. Smile

What is this metadata you are describing? I'm using FireTV with standard Confulence skin. I dont see it anywhere. Its the thumbnails? I thought these has been there in the previous versions?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Mediacorp TV Singapore Addon1