• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Mediacorp TV Singapore Addon
(2015-12-31, 04:57)cjctan Wrote:
(2015-12-14, 08:01)wkc123 Wrote:
(2015-12-11, 17:52)learningit Wrote: I see the problem, it will take a while to fix.
Ok then.. thanks for looking the matter.

Hi learningit,
Appreciate if you can help us fix the issue. TIA

I'll be releasing a new version later this week. The new version will also include live channels.
(2016-01-03, 00:54)learningit Wrote:
(2015-12-31, 04:57)cjctan Wrote:
(2015-12-14, 08:01)wkc123 Wrote: Ok then.. thanks for looking the matter.

Hi learningit,
Appreciate if you can help us fix the issue. TIA

I'll be releasing a new version later this week. The new version will also include live channels.

Thanks!
V2.0.1 in my git and test repo:
[url]https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.mediacorp/url]

Fixes for website change. Live channels didn't make it into this release.
You may need to set the addon setting to init meta data. The initial load of program episodes can be slow, be patient there's nothing I can do about the speed at which the website processes requests. After the first load, subsequent accesses to the same program should be relatively fast.

If you have installed my test repo:
https://github.com/learningit/repository...odi_addons

You should get an "auto-update" or "update available" message, depending on your "auto-update" setting. You may need to do a "Check for updates" to see the new version.
(2016-01-05, 22:18)learningit Wrote: V2.0.1 in my git and test repo:
[url]https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.mediacorp/url]

Fixes for website change. Live channels didn't make it into this release.
You may need to set the addon setting to init meta data. The initial load of program episodes can be slow, be patient there's nothing I can do about the speed at which the website processes requests. After the first load, subsequent accesses to the same program should be relatively fast.

If you have installed my test repo:
https://github.com/learningit/repository...odi_addons

You should get an "auto-update" or "update available" message, depending on your "auto-update" setting. You may need to do a "Check for updates" to see the new version.

Tested a few "catch up" videos and they are playing well. The initialization takes a minute or so to complete though.

Thanks for your time and efforts!
hi learningit, tried V2.0.1 - nice work! But I found a bug though - it seems that local singapore shows can stream with no issues but when you choose foreign shows it will say "No playable video found".

Eg.
Channel 5 - Gotham
Channel U - Empress Qi

Upon further investigation on the toggle website, I found that the foreign shows require silverlight to play while local shows just need flash to work. could this be the issue? hope it can be fixed.

Thanks!
(2016-01-27, 20:46)kantuchiz Wrote: hi learningit, tried V2.0.1 - nice work! But I found a bug though - it seems that local singapore shows can stream with no issues but when you choose foreign shows it will say "No playable video found".

Eg.
Channel 5 - Gotham
Channel U - Empress Qi

Upon further investigation on the toggle website, I found that the foreign shows require silverlight to play while local shows just need flash to work. could this be the issue? hope it can be fixed.

Thanks!
There's nothing to fix. Those shows are only available in Singapore and require both silverlight and a special flash player.
The addon has always been working that way.
(2016-01-27, 22:31)learningit Wrote: There's nothing to fix. Those shows are only available in Singapore and require both silverlight and a special flash player.

Thanks for replying learningit. But I'm located in Singapore so I don't think this is a location/geoblock issue? (sorry if I misunderstand you). Is there any addon or thing I need to do to make those foreign produced videos found/playable? Am I missing something here? I'm new to Kodi and addons
(2016-01-28, 11:36)kantuchiz Wrote:
(2016-01-27, 22:31)learningit Wrote: There's nothing to fix. Those shows are only available in Singapore and require both silverlight and a special flash player.

Thanks for replying learningit. But I'm located in Singapore so I don't think this is a location/geoblock issue? (sorry if I misunderstand you). Is there any addon or thing I need to do to make those foreign produced videos found/playable? Am I missing something here? I'm new to Kodi and addons

If you are receiving a "No playable video found" message it means exactly that for Kodi, regardless of your location.
(2016-01-28, 13:45)learningit Wrote: If you are receiving a "No playable video found" message it means exactly that for Kodi, regardless of your location.

Those videos with "No playable video found" error are opening fine on the toggle website. Is this normal for Kodi?
hi learningit, tried V2.0.1 great addon
but some video cannot play.
example-House of Fortune
episode 1 to 10 can play,
but episode 11 to 14 will say "No playable video found"

the video on the toggle website can play.
what happen?can u fix it
The add-on will not play DRM protected content, hence the "No playable video found".
There is no fix for this as it requires an external player in a browser.
Thanks for this great addon! it works great!

Some feedback:

Is it possible to increase the amount of shows retrieved from toggle under each catogery?
For example, Extras, English and Chinese only have up to 100 titles in them where the database should have more.

Also, it would be brilliant if there's a search function! Big Grin
(2016-02-19, 12:00)mongji Wrote: Thanks for this great addon! it works great!

Some feedback:

Is it possible to increase the amount of shows retrieved from toggle under each catogery?
For example, Extras, English and Chinese only have up to 100 titles in them where the database should have more.

Version 3.0.1 in my repos increases the shows to 300, anymore slows the add-on too much.
A Pull request has been made for the kodi.org repo, it should update in a few days.
Thumbs Up 
(2016-02-19, 17:28)learningit Wrote:
(2016-02-19, 12:00)mongji Wrote: Thanks for this great addon! it works great!

Some feedback:

Version 3.0.1 in my repos increases the shows to 300, anymore slows the add-on too much.
A Pull request has been made for the kodi.org repo, it should update in a few days.

thank you for hearing my feedback!
and I can't thank you enough for providing support for this addon.
can never get toggle website to play full length of the video on my computer browser.
this is a life saver! Wink
Hi learningit, downloaded your lastest zip from your github.. However i got this dependencies not met error in kodi when i tried to install the addon. Any idea why is that so? Thanks in advance.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Mediacorp TV Singapore Addon1