Custom keymap.xml not working with iOS remote?
Hi all,
I use the iOS remote together with XBMC on a Raspberry Pi (Raspbmc) and I would like to change one of the buttons' action:

In video full screen mode, I would like that the "i" (Info) button runs XBMC script script.xbmx.subtitles to download the subtitles quickly and directly from the main interface.

So in order to do that, I saw that it was possible to create a custom keymap.xml file on the XBMC server, and this is what I did.
The file is located here: .xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keymaps.xml (as described in this page)

In this file, there are XML nodes for various types of remotes. I configured it for <remote> and <keyboard> by putting the following:

<remote>
<info>RunScript(script.xbmx.subtitles)</info>
</remote>
<keyboard>
<i>RunScript(script.xbmx.subtitles)</i>
</keyboard>

And I did the same under parent nodes <global> and <FullscreenVideo> but without success: when I press the Info button on the iOS remote, it still shows the Info.

So I guess the iOS remote does not send instructions that XBMC interprets as <remote> or <keyboard>?
Do any of you know what name the iOS remote has in keymap.xml ?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Welcome the XBMC forums.

The remote app sends the actual XBMC action/function command when a "button" is pressed, rather than a keyboard keystroke. The keymapping you're doing only changes the assignment of keyboard or physical remote control keystrokes. Also, it's xbmc, not xbmx, so your RunScript command would not work in any event.
Thanks for your answer artrafael. Smile

Yes xbmx was a typo on the message I sent, not in my actual keymap.xml. Sorry for that.

OK so now I understand why my efforts and my search for information weren't successful Rofl

So while I'm at it, would it be any possible in a future update to have the iOS remote either have a "D/L subtitle" icon right on the main interface, or to have it send similar instructions to XBMC as a physical remote or a keyboard?
Don't hesitate to tell me to go away with my stupid request Smile
@BleepToBleep, have you tried to long press the remote control subtitles button? If installed, the XBMC subtitles add-on is launched
Hi joethefox! Thanks for your answer: I just tried it and indeed it works!!
I had no idea a long press on this button triggered the downloading of subtitles. Can't believe I spent so much time looking for alternatives Smile
So then, thanks again. Problem solved for me.
yep it's a hidden feature Big Grin I haven't had yet the time to add this action in the help screen Tongue
Hi, kodi remote say no network connection. I have wireless in home and remote works through my iPhone 6. My wireless is working fine. I have two netgear power adapters that are also working good. My black box is also functioning but I cannot access the screen because my remote cannot connect. It can find the kodi host and then I save it. However same message network connection lostHuhHuh? Any help would be great

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom keymap.xml not working with iOS remote?0