• 32(current)
Release TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library
Hi there!

First, thanks for a great add-on! Have been using it for quite some time now and I really enjoy it.

However, a while back it suddenly stopped working (can't remember when but it might have something to do with me upgrading to XBMC 12.3 from 12.2). I no longer get any sound when choosing a tv show. All other sound works perfectly (nav sounds, movies, tv episodes etc) but when i select a tv show and get the season or episode selection, the nav sounds stop (as expected) but the theme does not start to play.

The mp3 works fine when I play it through VLC for example.

Here are my logs (hope pastebin is ok?), the first one is when I don't have a tvtunes.nfo file in the tv shows root directory and the second is with the .nfo file there.

Without .nfo: http://pastebin.com/BXGtU7fr
With .nfo: http://pastebin.com/QiC8XZxH

thanks for your help! Smile
@Hasten:

1) Please see picture below so you can locate the setting and make sure to turn on TvTunes. It is quite easy:

2) If 1) is on and you still have no theme play please could you post your DialoVideoInfo.xml and,

3) It seems XBMC is trimming the last forward slash character before every filename, thus ending in a "failed to stat file" error, which you can see in the following snippet taken from your log (right after season 1):
Code:
22:12:25 T:4705923072   ERROR: GetDirectory - Failed to stat file /Almost Human/Season 1Almost.Human.S01E01.Pilot.mkv (Invalid argument)
3.1) The error comes specifically when getting the directory and not when searching for theme.mp3. I see you have a share via apple file protocol (AFP); could you please try using ip instead of netbios name. Netbios resolution might be left-of-centre on some networks.
3.2) If 3.1) doesn't work, could you please mount the AFP share as a local drive and use that as a source.

Do you have another share for movies, not TV Shows? If so, do the themes for movies play?

Please tell us if any of the above works, and if not, your new feedback may help Rob determine if this is a TvTunes-related issue or not.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi Hasten,

As capfuturo has correctly highlighted, this is all to do with the afp protocol.

It looks like it may be a problem with the XBMC listdir interface. I have posted the following to see if anyone responds:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192255

Rob
I have put together a work-around for the afp issue, but I do not have an environment to test it, please can you try the following patch and let me know how you get on?

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=326

Thanks

Rob
Thanks for the super quick replies!

I'll take a look at that patch as soon as I get home tonight and let you know how it works! Smile
(2014-04-14, 19:58)Hasten Wrote: Thanks for the super quick replies!

Posting a log file (like you did) is one thing that will result in pretty quick responses!

(2014-04-14, 19:58)Hasten Wrote: I'll take a look at that patch as soon as I get home tonight and let you know how it works! Smile

that would be good - please let us know how you get on

Rob
Excellent! Smile

Here is a new try. I altered the source to my IP instead of the netbios name and applied the new tvtunes_backend.py in the attached log but I have also tried it with the netbios name. It seems not to register anything at all if I don't have a .nfo file in the tv show directory. In one show, Big Bang Theory, the navigation sounds are still present but for the show Almost Human the navigation sounds disappear (as expected).

By the way, I'm using the Aeon MQ5 theme and I have scoured the settings for it for a "on/off" switch but I'm unable to find it so my guess is that it is enabled by default since parts of the expected behavior is still present when a .nfo exists in the tv show root folder? Or am I just stupid and have to find a switch to turn? :p

Log: http://pastebin.com/CY4LhMBv
@hasten: would it be possible for you to quickly switch to Confluence and run same tests? Thanks, Jav
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
It looks like the file is now being found - but then the player is not playing it.
Same result with confluence unfortunately.

Here's the log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=173580
(2014-04-15, 09:47)Hasten Wrote: Same result with confluence unfortunately.

Here's the log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=173580

It seems to think that it's found a theme an is playing it.

Can you play the theme just normally - without TV Tunes?

The theme is being read from a tvtunes.nfo file and is expecting the following:

script.tvtunes: NfoReader: file = afp://192.168.0.10/TV Shows/Almost Human/theme.mp3

Does this actually exist?

Rob
It does exists and I can play it in VLC for example without any problems.

I added the .nfo manually since tvtunes did not seem to pick up any theme file at all without that file if it makes any difference?
(2014-04-15, 12:07)Hasten Wrote: It does exists and I can play it in VLC for example without any problems.

I added the .nfo manually since tvtunes did not seem to pick up any theme file at all without that file if it makes any difference?

Maybe permissions problems?

Other log entries show access via:

afp://XBMC:[email protected]/Movies/Wolf of Wall Street

Can you try updating the nfo file to have the usefname and password as well in the URI?

With no password it will try anonymous access I believe - so you'll need anonymous access for the drive.

Rob
I have the password in there in the original logs, just crossed it out (one of those people that use the password for several services so not keen on having it printed in clear text on open sites...).

The user XBMC have read/write permissions on the folders TV Shows and Movies and the local user on my Mac Mini is an administrator (and actually first user) so that should be fine.

Just realized that I do have the "protected SMB" turned off in tvtunes settings, should I turn it on and input usr and password there as well?

I can update the nfo though!

As of now the info is
Code:
<tvtunes>
<file>theme.mp3</file>
</tvtunes>
But I guess it should read (using the proper password instead of "XXXX" naturally)?
Code:
<tvtunes>
<file>afp://XBMC:[email protected]/TV Shows/Almost Human/theme.mp3</file>
</tvtunes>
(2014-04-15, 13:32)Hasten Wrote: I have the password in there in the original logs, just crossed it out (one of those people that use the password for several services so not keen on having it printed in clear text on open sites...).

The user XBMC have read/write permissions on the folders TV Shows and Movies and the local user on my Mac Mini is an administrator (and actually first user) so that should be fine.

Just realized that I do have the "protected SMB" turned off in tvtunes settings, should I turn it on and input usr and password there as well?

I can update the nfo though!

As of now the info is
Code:
<tvtunes>
<file>theme.mp3</file>
</tvtunes>
But I guess it should read (using the proper password instead of "XXXX" naturally)?
Code:
<tvtunes>
<file>afp://XBMC:[email protected]/TV Shows/Almost Human/theme.mp3</file>
</tvtunes>

I think the first thing to do is update the NFO file with the username/password and see if that works - if that is the case then I will update the TvTunes setting support to use the username/password set when accessing afp file systems as well as smb

Rob
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TvTunes Addon - Retrieve & Play Soundtracks Whilst Browsing Your Library2