Will re-importing video library cause duplicates?
Hi all.

My scenario is that I've filled up a hard drive on my server. I've moved all movies from existing drive to the new drive, while leaving TV shows on current drive. I've exported the video library to a single file and done a find/replace for old path/new path for ONLY the movies. I was just about to run the clean library function in XBMC and import the modified library file when I started wondering if this is in fact the right procedure.

I've done this all before, when moving ALL content to a new drive. In that case, running the clean library function will remove ALL video from the library. But this time, that process is only going to remove Movies, leaving the TV library intact. When I import the library file, I'm sure my movies will come in properly, but I'm now worried that I'll end up with duplicate entries for all the TV shows. Am I going to be ok here, or is there another step I've missed?

It looks like the exported library file has all movies first, followed by TV. Should I simply delete all the TV shows before importing?

Thanks
AFAIK, importing will not cause duplicates, because the file is already in the database. It will however create duplicates when path has changed, so it will have an entry for c:\chuck and d:\chuck in it, but a clean database will then sort it out.

What you can also do is, make a backup of the xbmc appdata folder, I usually make a copy of the xbmc folder, and rename it to xbmc_old, then make changes, if the changes are not satisfactory, you can then delete the xbmc folder, and rename the xbmc_old folder.
(2013-09-19, 10:46)endlesslyonline Wrote: What you can also do is, make a backup of the xbmc appdata folder, I usually make a copy of the xbmc folder, and rename it to xbmc_old, then make changes, if the changes are not satisfactory, you can then delete the xbmc folder, and rename the xbmc_old folder.

That's a great idea. I will do that prior to reimporting and we'll see how it goes. Thanks

(2013-09-19, 10:46)endlesslyonline Wrote: What you can also do is, make a backup of the xbmc appdata folder, I usually make a copy of the xbmc folder, and rename it to xbmc_old, then make changes, if the changes are not satisfactory, you can then delete the xbmc folder, and rename the xbmc_old folder.

That's a great idea. I will do that prior to reimporting and we'll see how it goes. Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will re-importing video library cause duplicates?0