Intermitent Connection Drop During Playback
Hi All,

I have the official XBMC app running on my iPad. Good solid connection - works fine until I play a title. I am playing uncompressed DVD and Blu-Ray rips. The dedicated server and associated network player are both hard wired to my network.

With annoying regularity, the artwork on my ipad is replaced by "Nothing is Playing" This sometimes accompanied by the "green dot" very briefly turning red.

On further investigation I see my windows laptop, accessing XBMC directly by webpage, mirrors the intermitent connection drop (both ipad and laptop drop the conn at exactly the same time). Where am I to start looking to correct this issue?

I'm new to XBMC - Thanks in advance!
I should have said the movies play just fine, but even so, could bad rips cause this symptom?
Some more information on this topic......... I have a mixture of Blu-ray and DVD rips. The problem is much more prevalent with DVD rips - Blu-ray rips being pretty much trouble free. I have one DVD rip in particular - the movie "Always" which is so bad that it is very difficult to "control" it - the connection to my ipad/windows laptop is dropped every few seconds and then comes back. I have obtained a pressing from a different source, but the rip of this does exactly the same thing. As I said in my initial post the movie plays perfectly, it's just this dropping connection that is really annoying. Because the movie plays perfectly I don't know if a debug log would help. But if anyone here thinks it might I'm more than willing to try posting one. Remeber I'm new to all this stuff and am on a steep learning curve! Loving the potential of XBMC - just want to get it working a little more solidly. Any clues as to why this is happening much appreciated Confused
In a nutshell..........

Whilst the movie is playing, 99% of Bluray rips - Graphics on my iPad are steady, whereas with a good proportion of DVD rips, the artwork is intermittently replaced with "nothing is playing" and I lose control of the movie (can't pause etc)

Is there any part of XBMC that could cause this behaviour or should I be looking elsewhere ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intermitent Connection Drop During Playback0