Settings navigation cues
I've always found the settings menus confusing to navigate. In some places on the screen you see something like "Settings - System" or "Settings - Videos" and elsewhere you see it backwards. It would be quite helpful I think if this could only appear once on the screen and it could be consistently presented in a hierarchical way, like "Settings > System> Video Output" or whatever, so you can always see where you are as you drill into the rather complex menus.

Sorry if this has been discussed before and determined to be a bad idea. Thanks!
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
And where isn't it like that?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Seems like everywhere.

You can see in this picture it gives the location/navigation twice, in opposite order.

I'm not at XBMC at the moment and am not sure if one of them is the actual navigation hierarchy
from the first Settings or System screen (whichever is at the top level). Ideally it would use
">" or something like that to make clear how you got there.

Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
The top "Settings - System" is the navigation hierarchy
OK, good to know, but why is it repeated in the panel in reverse order? IMO that adds clutter and confusion. And using > instead of - would help clarify.
That's not reverse order; that refers to the title of the page you are on: "Videos -Settings". The navigation hierarchy is shown at the top: "Settings - Videos".
Well, I was sure there was some rationale for it, and I guess that's it. But objectively, I think most people would agree that seeing "Videos - Settings" and "Settings - Videos" as headings on the same page is confusing, especially to newcomers. If you see that you are in "Settings > Videos", the title is really unnecessary, isn't it?
I thought the same thing, actually. It seemed duplicated at first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Settings navigation cues0