NUC i3 as htpc and NAS ?
Hi all,

Im wondering if u guys have any suggestions on building my first htpc.
Im now running xbmc on a atv1 and streaming from my pc.

I want a all in one solution so i want a large hd (2tb or more) to download/store my movies on.
Preferably 3d playback and an optical sound port.

Also i want a Blueray discdrive to play blueraysSmile

Budget is 250€ if this is not enough i can always buy the BR player later or re- use a 1,5 tb sata HD from my PC

anyone has a htpc that fits my needs or ideas/tips what to buy?

Tnx in advance

And also if its better to use an openelec build without a blueray drive thats possible, i will buy a sepperate BR player
My own opinion I use my PS3 for any BR playback which I can honestly say I have used once.

Build a NAS separate from your HTPC something like unRaid or similar system.

Do you have the Broadcom Crystal HD card installed in your ATV1? I have 2 of those and am very happy with its performance but I do not have a need for 3d.
יונתן בן-חיים
yes got the crystal hd card installed.

Im now looking to buy a intel nuc i3 with a 32 gb ssd msata and 4 gb memory.
I can buy this for arround 200€ what i think is a very good price.
But do you guys think with an external harddisk i can use it also as a NAS?
And when i want to run sickbeard and sabnzb should i use windows, openelec or multiboot?
(2013-09-20, 09:23)Arjenliem Wrote: But do you guys think with an external harddisk i can use it also as a NAS?

If money is a problem, just buy a WD Passport 2TB USB 3.0 disk. You could leave your i3 NUC turned on if you want to and use it as a DLNA server.
Here is my secret with hard disks:
- When I fill my USB hard disk and need a bigger one ... I sell the old one to a friend ... who is usually very grateful to receive not just a hard disk, but also the contents of it too. A USB disk is easier to sell than an internal hard disk.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NUC i3 as htpc and NAS ?0