Horizontal Scrolling Marquee Overlay?
Give this a go, I use it for weather alerts but it should do what you want.

Code:
<control type="fadelabel">
    <visible>true</visible>
    <label>Testing 123</label>
    <posx>-10</posx>
    <posy>695</posy>
    <width>1300</width>
    <height>25</height>
    <pauseatend>200</pauseatend>
    <font>font12</font>
    <textcolor>red</textcolor>
    <shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
    <textoffsetx>1300</textoffsetx>
</control>
Hey Steve,
Thanks for your reply... unfortunately, it still is doing the exact same thing.

I tested it by copying/pasting your code into the end of Home.xml in the default Confluence skin, just before the ending </control></window>

On the home-screen the text is scrolling, but it does the same thing at exactly 745px. Sad

I just tried this in a separate default install (nightly build) on a different computer, with the same result.

So strange, as it seems like both yourself and ronie are able to get it working correctly.

Thanks again, and let me know if you can think of anything else that I could try.

EDIT - Just to double-check that it wasn't something in Confluence that was doing it, I also tested it in Ace, nBox, and Simplicity skins... with the same result.

EDIT(2) - I just tried it again on a separate computer... same result.
Well.. I WAS finally able to get it to scroll across the screen without interruption...

However... it only works at high resolutions... when I have my xbmc window smaller than 720p resolution (1280 × 720), it has this bug... when the xbmc window is larger than 1280 × 720, the text scrolls correctly.

I think this has to be a bug in XBMC having to do with scaling... but who knows...
Glad you sorted it out, I just tested on my nightly test build and it worked, so I was scratching my head also. Smile
I also can confirm that if I manually resize the xbmc window to a small size (less than 720) the bug does occur..

I use this in my advancedsettings.xml to keep the windowed xbmc at the res I want.

<window><width>1280</width><height>720</height></window>
Awesome... so I haven't completely lost it ... haha

Unfortunately, my end goal here is to have this working on a Raspberry Pi plugged in via RCA, which is less than 720p, so I guess I've got to come up with another solution (animation perhaps?) to get text to scroll across the screen reliably.

Thank you for your responses!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Horizontal Scrolling Marquee Overlay?0