First HTPC build - opinions
Hi there

I'm planning to build a HTPC to use XBMC and connect it to my brand new (and incredible) Panasonic 42ST60.
I'm aiming at Group 7 HTPC.

The setup so far is as follows:
- AMD A8-5500
- Asrock FM2A75 Pro4-M AMD
- 4GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1600MHZ
- SSD Samsung 840

a total of about 300€

I had already the case wich is a LC-Power HT-1001B - HTPC (http://www.lc-power.de/index.php?id=123&L=1)

What do you think? I sure can have HDMI 1.4a right?

I'll deal with the cooler and storage later.

Thanks in advance
Anyone, please?
Looks like a nice case! Is that full remote control for power on/off PC as well as dvd player controls? I'm looking to build a home media pc myself so will be watching this thread for useful tips.
i Hope So.

But I'm waiting for some feedback on this build.

I can have some photos later
The motherboard supports HDMI 1.4a: (Supports HDMI 1.4a Technology with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz)
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
What operating will you install on this machine? OpenElec, XBMCBuntu or Win7?
Win7
HDMI will be ok. I have heard of some issues with particular HDMI outs not transferring the audio correctly, but I can't specifically comment to this one. It may be worth looking into. Nice choice with the SSD. And Win7 makes dealing with Silverlight plug-ins nice (for Netflix)....although I heard Netflix is moving away from Silverlight in favor of HTML 5. But if you don't care about web browsing or Netflix, you could considering saving a few bucks and going open-source (e.g.: OE, XBMCbunutu). Nice case, you should be happy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First HTPC build - opinions0