USB 3.0 on XBMC ?
Question 
Hello Guys,
i have an self built HTPC running with XBMC ( OpenELEC / XBMC "Frodo" ). ( No Windows or something else )
My System have a AsRock ConRoe 945G-DVI Mainboard. And a Geforce 520 VGA
I want to buy a PCI-Express x1 USB 3.0 Card.
Does XBMC Support this with driver ?
Which ones are supported ?

Sorry for my bad english ;-)

Thanks Guys
(2013-09-25, 14:33)DaywalkerNL Wrote: Hello Guys,
i have an self built HTPC running with XBMC ( OpenELEC / XBMC "Frodo" ). ( No Windows or something else )
My System have a AsRock ConRoe 945G-DVI Mainboard. And a Geforce 520 VGA
I want to buy a PCI-Express x1 USB 3.0 Card.
Does XBMC Support this with driver ?
Which ones are supported ?

Sorry for my bad english ;-)

Thanks Guys

I'd like to know the answer to this also, I'm looking to add a USB 3.0 PCI-Express card to my system also.

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its not a matter of whether xbmc supports usb 3, but whether the underlying operating system does. There has been support for usb 3 in linux for a long time now (it was the first I think) so you shoud be fine, but to be sure google "USB3 CARD NAME + linux"
so my "underlying OS" is OpenElec?
Yes, and openelec is a linux distribution. So if it works with the linux kernel it should work with OE. I'm using 2 on boards usb3 ports with usb2 devices with oe 3.2 with no issues, havent tried with a usb3 device.
USB 3.0 on Linux?
Up to now this is a shaky thing.
Search for "xhci_hcd", which is the USB 3.0-Driver and you know what I mean.
Using USB3 on an zbox with OE 3.2 no problem either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB 3.0 on XBMC ?0