Change number of "latest films"
Hi!

Is it possible to change the number of the movies that recently added?

I want to change it so it shows more of the last added movies, is this possible and if yes, how do I change the the number?

I couldn't find any information, maybe you guys can help me out on that one

greetings

Matthias
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsett...library.3E

There is a setting for the number of recently added
Just so you know, that won't increase the number on the widgets...
(2013-09-26, 18:47)Vaikin Wrote: Just so you know, that won't increase the number on the widgets...

How do you increase the number for the latest widget?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-09-26, 19:11)wgstarks Wrote:
(2013-09-26, 18:47)Vaikin Wrote: Just so you know, that won't increase the number on the widgets...

How do you increase the number for the latest widget?

Lots of coding
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hello

I have been using xbmc for few years now but I never really understood how to do the advanced XML files. If any users have a video to explain step by step how to proceed with this would be much appreciate.

I did check the advanced web link still don't quite understand where to start.

Also just a general question will aeon nox ever get updated for version 13? And include all these extra mods and new features? I understand this can't be answered in the short time but I'm sure not alone as other aeon nox users are wondering...

Thank you
It was mentioned before that it will be updated for gotham, but considering gotham isn't even beta yet...I wouldn't expect it soon.

As for xml, there isn't really any specific tutorials for skins since each skin can be radically different from each other. For example, confluence is relatively straight forward. But aeon nox is a really complicated skin. If you're trying to learn xml for skinning, I strongly suggest editing confluence and avoid the larger skins. There is also some tutorials found in the Skin Development forum.
I think MS413 was asking specifically about how to create the advancedsettings.xml file, not how to update the skin xml files.

The advancedsettings.xml file is just a file in your userdata folder with a specific format to it (xml). You use the information in the wiki page to know what nodes will affect xbmc. An example file is given at the top of that page:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <setting>value</setting>
    <setting>value</setting>
</advancedsettings>

A real life example would be something like:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
    <allitemsonbottom>true</allitemsonbottom>  
    <backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

As you can see the wiki page has all the info you need, you just need to create the file and cut/paste the pieces you want into it. Make sure the file is located in your userdata folder and called advancedsettings.xml - not advancedsettings.xml.txt as can happen on windows systems if you are hiding file extensions. I found this youtube video that goes through step by step, but it is geared towards setting up mysql. The part where they create the advanced settings file might be helpful though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJzuxhJtXNI
that won't work as Aeon Nox doesn't use that
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-09-27, 14:57)Martijn Wrote: that won't work as Aeon Nox doesn't use that

Are you saying that Aeon Nox doesn't use the advanced settings file at all? Or just the "latest" setting?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change number of "latest films"0