Turn On XBMC using a Remote or Maximize XBMC from Remote
Hi, I'm rather new to XBMC and currently undergoing the task of making a Media Center out of a Windows Machine and XBMC. My issue is that XBMC uses too much CPU even when Idle (I've read in other posts and forums that this is normal) so I would hate to waste energy whenever I'm not using it. At the same time, I use that machine for other purposes, that use a lot less CPU, so ideally I would like it to be turned on automatically.

These are the options that I'm considering, although not sure how to to implent them. Still, basically any solution that uses less CPU (thus less energy waste and less noise) would fit my needs.

Option 1) When XBMC is minimized it uses 3-4% CPU. I'm ok with this. The issue is that I can't seem to maximize it using the official XBMC app. If there's a way, then it would be ok..
Option 2) Turn on XBMC using an add-on. This implies having just a basic listener port for incoming requests, and when one is received startup the full fledge XBMC service.
Option 3) Having an app in my phone that sends an SSH/TELNET command to my windows PC that then starts up XBMC. I need a button that is easy to use. Having to open up an SSH client, typing a command and what not is not a very good option.

thanks all and sorry if this is already answered, just couldn't answer.
ab
What kind of phone do you have?
Sorry. I have an Android device

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn On XBMC using a Remote or Maximize XBMC from Remote0