Win XBMC adds annoying keyboard layout
Hi,
I don't know if it's the right place to post, i searched the forums with no avail. my problem is simple, whenever i open XBMC, it adds an extra keyboard layout to windows (English US - Qwerty), my keyboard layount is FRENCH - Azerty. the problem is that whenever this happens, i have to go to the control panel and ADD the English US keyboard layout again in order to delete it. which means when this happens, the ENGLISH US keyboard layout doesn't appear in the control panel, only in the language bar.
it's kind of annoying, especially that i have to do that everytime i open XBMC... EVERY DAY.
EDIT: before one of you guys suggest to switch languages in XBMC, i already tried it, it doesn't work..
Solved it.
All i had to do is open the Registry Editor (run -> regedit) then change
HLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Keyboard Layouts\00000409 (ie the US) to 00000409a

NO MORE US!
Well, it looks like it's back again even still that i renamed the entry in the registry.
this time it doesn't pop up in the language bar (next to the clock & date), but it's still there when i switch between keyboards using alt+shift, which is pretty much how i change keyboard all the time..

EDIT: I fixed it temporarily by switching the IDs of my preferred keyboard and the English US one..
Try a recent nightly and see if it helps. I remember a fix for that but dunno when it went in.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC adds annoying keyboard layout0