Bug New Season posters not being scraped?
What's another two weeks after 3 months of this bug? In any case I have my workaround.

The reason I stop patching over my compiles is to rule out causes for other issues.
Oh don't worry I can wait - I hope he's having a very nice and relaxing time! Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Lap-dances fresh beer, yacht, suitcase full o money and some moron keeps sending emails and calling... We are from so and so Power company, we can safe you twiddles in your electric bill, if you switch.
I've tried the workaround it doesn't seem to be working for me.
Then you not doing it right.
@Milhouse

I see nothing is still happening with the PR. Shame really I wonder what the hell is holding it back.
Not sure, as it seemed to work a treat. Maybe @jmarshall can shed some light? Hopefully it can go in this month.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi All

Has there been any development on this issue? XBMC used to find the season posters by itself (without actually downloading Jpegs). Now I have been downloading them all manually off thetvdb and then doing the "refresh all" > "no" thing.

Is there any updates on a general fix?
See the comments in PR3546 - not going into Gotham.
(2013-09-30, 19:41)uNiversal Wrote: Bring up/select tv show information whatever show you wish to update, when information menu is up, click refresh, when asked by xbmc "Do you wish to refresh information for all episodes" or similar say no, then follow prompts to select show from the list given (if any), select correct show let it update, done.

What that does is scrape latest season folders and whatever information already has not already been scraped.

So The question xbmc asks "do you wish to refresh information for all episodes" when told no it only does update what doesn't already contain information, including any new season posters.

This must be done however individually per show which contains new seasons.

And yes it works flawlessly.
This was working well for me pre-Gotham, but doing it now will refresh season art for all seasons even when selecting NO. Anyone else have this problem?
That's because season art is a property of the show. Refresh the show will refresh the season art.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Understood, but has the behavior changed with Gotham? It seems to have since uNiversal's workaround is no longer a workaround...

One thing I'd like to have cleared: none of my XBMC instances will grab season art for a new season if the show's previous seasons have already been scraped. It doesn't matter when the season actually aired (meaning thetvdb does have the art available when scraping the new season). I seem to understand this is expected behavior?

Although I can understand why this is the case, it still seems a bit "buggy" that XBMC doesn't do what it's obviously supposed to.

I enjoy customizing my library and having the season posters match up, so imagine my surprise when trying to scrape the season art for the latest season of The Simpsons and instead having all seasons change posters! What's the point choosing specific posters when it's all gonna get messed up once a year basically?
It changed I think with Frodo (when video art was redone).

And yes, season art is fetched when the show is fetched. We fetch art for all seasons you have currently. If you add another season later, there's no art until you refresh the show.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I am having this exact issue. Season art is not displaying for any TV show.

Album

Picture 1 is what it looks like when I manually select the art under /Breaking Bad/season03-poster.jpg
Picture 2 is what all other seasons look like.

The above mentioned trick of refreshing the information of the TV show does work, and then it fetches the images from the internet. It still completely ignores the images that are stored with the media.

All art adheres to the XBMC conventions.

On a fresh 13.0 / 13.1 install, when pointing XBMC to the TV show directory, it doesn't display the season art for any TV show. I've tried the Artwork Downloader plugin, but it'll just log "DEBUG: Artwork Downloader: - Ignoring (Max number seasonposter reached: 1): season03-poster.jpg" because all the art is already in place.

So yea.. long story short. TV show season art doesn't work at all for new libraries unless you manually refresh it from the internet for every TV show separately which is a lot of work if you have 50+ TV shows.
any sign of this being addressed with Helix?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Season posters not being scraped?0