[Q] Use a python script inside a media scraper
Hi there,

I search the answer, but I'm very confused... Is it possible to call a python plugin / script inside a xml scrapper ?

I'm looking for this because I try to call a website inside my scraper which need a kind of authentication (need to compute a key in order to construct the scraper search url).

Thanks

Elpy
Not possible
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
So is it possible to scrap movies metadata thru a python script ?
also no (at least not yet)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Sad

Then do you have an idea on the 'how to', to construct the urls when a computed key is needed ?
I would be happy to see the support for python - scrappers. The current scrapers use many request to identify one movie. This could be done in one request if a simple api is provided. It would be even possible to identify many movies in one request. Imagine the speed up of large library scan and resource free-up on systems like RaspberryPI or similar. Is there some ongoing work on "next-gen" movie identification ?

elpy, there is a workaround for your problem. Create a xbmc service which you can request from scraper, where you will do your python work. Then, create a scraper that will request data from this service. In scarper, there is enough room to do requests and parse/save results to $ buffers for later usage.
Thanks qwesp for your idea.

Could you show me an example of an addon call inside a scraper ? I search the answer but found anything.
well, for example
<CreateSearchUrl dest="3">
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;url&gt;http://localhost:9190/search/?q=\1&lt;/url&gt;" dest="3">
<expression noclean="1"></expression>
</RegExp>
</CreateSearchUrl>

this will return search url "localhost:9190" for scraper to use when searching for data. Your service should listen on port 9190...
Thanks for your reply.

I found a lot of xbmc service (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Cat...ce_add-ons), do you know a service that use python the way I should, in order I get the code and look at it ?
No. I tried to do one this way, but at the end, it was not usable because of missing API.
Thanks... So, no solution for me, isn't it ?
(2013-10-02, 12:18)elpy Wrote: Thanks for your reply.

I found a lot of xbmc service (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Cat...ce_add-ons), do you know a service that use python the way I should, in order I get the code and look at it ?

Hi elpy
I also have the same question, but the link you provided is void now.
Are there any resources about the service development and what's your progress now?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Q] Use a python script inside a media scraper0