Zotac Zbox ID18
Does anybody have this yet and can they comment as to its performance? It has the celeron 1007u which I am presuming will have better performance than the celeron 847?
It seems very reasonable in price , I had been contemplating the celeron nuc after deciding the android devices were way to immature reading threads here.
I have the ID61 (Nano Celeron 867) and it will happily play anything 2D I've tried up to 1080p.
I haven't tried and won't be playing 3D.

The ID61 is very fast and responsive with OpenELEC or XBMCbuntu, so I'd imagine the ID18 would be at least as good.
It should also be ok with Windows and XBMC as well.

I chose not to get a NUC due to the lack of some interfaces, the need to use a mSATA drive and the lack of IR port/remote.

Another really great thing about the Zotac's is the ability to power on from standby by remote out of the box.
Well the ID18 does not come with a remote, but you should be able to help yourself with a FLIRC USB key. I'm not sure whether power on from standby will work as flawlessly though.

The ID62 is based on the same CPU as the ID18, but comes with a remote and some other goodies. It also costs almost twice as much, unfortunately.
I'm running a Revo RL80 with a Celeron 1007U. Have just added the internal CIR receiver (home built by another forum member on AVForums) - which will allow remote power on and power on from standby (not sure it will power on from cold start but will after shutdown)

OpenElec runs fine on mine - and plays pretty much everything, and is pretty acceptable running Aeon Nox (not as nippy as a Core i5 - but nothing annoying IMO) Had to go for a nightly to get VAAPI de-interlacing of native interlaced content.

I looked at NUC, Brix and Zotac, but at the moment there is a great deal in the UK on the Acer (£129 after cashback - including 2GB RAM and a 500GB HDD) and I had a previous ATOM+ION Revo which was reliable and have heard some less-than-great reliability stories about some Zotac models (though that might just be because they are popular)

(Acer RL80 also had all the interfaces I was looking for - USB 3.0 x 2, USB 2.0 x 4, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Wifi, Bluetooth - it even has a spare internal mini PCI-E slot)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac Zbox ID180