MySql Updating between computers
Ok so I have a mysql setup on of of my xbmc machines as the host. The shares are using samba between all installs. However my question is this.. if I run a library update in xbmc on my mysql server running xbmc it updates fine. But if I go to the bedroom and wake the computer (wake on lan) I don’t see the updated library. I have to also hit update on that machine.

Is this normal? It seems if I update from one location the other should update on the fly as well since they are sharing the same db.
You don't have to update on more than one machine. But you may need to exit the library and go back in to see the changes.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-09-27, 22:45)nickr Wrote: You don't have to update on more than one machine. But you may need to exit the library and go back in to see the changes.

What do you mean by exit and re-enter the library? as in movie or tv section?
Yeah go back to the initial home menu and then into movies/tv shows. Xbmc doesn't constantly poll the database for changes, it queries the database on entering the library.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySql Updating between computers0