Solved The Young Turks
There is a "bug" that will be fixed by this weekend. Actually, it's not exactly a bug, but when the show posts a video sometimes they forget to include a preview picture, which farts out the plugin. I've already got it updated on github, just have to wait to update it on kodi, because they don't like pull requests too close to each other, plus there is some other stuff I'd like to do.

Brian
I've been using this app on my new OSMC build on the Pi and it works well for prerecorded shows on the network, but would it also be possible to enable the Member's Live Stream?
Thank you for developing this.
Due to some recent changes, the plugin is now crashing. Unfortunately I'm extremely busy with work, so it's hard to find time to work on fix. I'm hoping to be able to write a fix by the end of this weekend, and also make a few small tweaks. Also, I do plan on adding the live stream feature back in soon, it's been hard to find time.

Brian
Yeah I would love if you could fix it.. I can't get any content to show up now thru the add-on. Have loved the addon for years now, its great.
(2019-05-14, 00:26)neandertal Wrote: Yeah I would love if you could fix it.. I can't get any content to show up now thru the add-on. Have loved the addon for years now, its great.

That post was from over a month ago, and I had a fix within a few days. As of Friday night they started doing a large overhaul of the website (Which broke the latest version of the plugin) so writing any update at this moment would be futile and probably immediately break. I will probably post an update this weekend, once their update has been finished.

Brian
@lottaboost

If your add-on is in the official repository, is there a reason you are still operating out of a feature requests thread?

Would you like me to move this up to Video Add-ons?

Better still, why not create a new thread in Video Add-ons forum, that way you have the first post and can edit it as required, and probably reserve a couple of posts also. I will then close this thread and point users to your new thread.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-05-14, 04:58)lottaboost Wrote:
(2019-05-14, 00:26)neandertal Wrote: Yeah I would love if you could fix it.. I can't get any content to show up now thru the add-on. Have loved the addon for years now, its great.

That post was from over a month ago, and I had a fix within a few days. As of Friday night they started doing a large overhaul of the website (Which broke the latest version of the plugin) so writing any update at this moment would be futile and probably immediately break. I will probably post an update this weekend, once their update has been finished.

Brian   
OK, I thought it worked.. so it has just been a couple of days then. I always appreciate all of your efforts. Tyt at least has Airplay on its website now so another option, but this option is still always invaluable to me. Thanks.
These frequent breaking changes are frustrating, especially since I have 3 streaming devices and none work with their official app.

Have you thought of reaching out to them to their team about this plugin, if they don't already know about it, to try and ensure that they at least let you know about potential changes and try to at least give you a heads up on how things are changing?

It'd seem silly if they were opposed to this considering it requires membership, and their own app doesn't work on multiple streaming devices yet. I have a Roku & FireStick. Can watch live non-member on Roku, but I subscribed for on-demand. Porting android app to FireStick didn't work, though I don't think it should be that hard to get that working, just likely different priorities.
(2019-05-26, 18:23)Stranjer Wrote: These frequent breaking changes are frustrating, especially since I have 3 streaming devices and none work with their official app.

Have you thought of reaching out to them to their team about this plugin, if they don't already know about it, to try and ensure that they at least let you know about potential changes and try to at least give you a heads up on how things are changing?

It'd seem silly if they were opposed to this considering it requires membership, and their own app doesn't work on multiple streaming devices yet. I have a Roku & FireStick. Can watch live non-member on Roku, but I subscribed for on-demand. Porting android app to FireStick didn't work, though I don't think it should be that hard to get that working, just likely different priorities.
Yeah, lately they've been changing stuff quite often.  Normally I'm on top of each update, but I've bee working crazy hours at my job so I haven't been able to get time to code an update.  On top of that, I also have to change the plugin to make it compliant with the newest version of python per team kodi (The next version of kodi is going to only allow code written in the new version of python).  Not a big deal, but when you already have basically no time, it makes it that much tougher.  I'm going to try my best to get an update out in the next week.  I also use this app so I can watch tyt from my fire tv cube.  And, as you said, their app doesn't work with amazon devices.  I've reached out to them a couple years ago, back before they had any type of app, and told them about my plugin and kodi (So they could mention it on their shows and/or website, to tell their viewers that there was a way that they could watch tyt easily on their TV).  But, I never got back any response. 

In the meantime there is a workaround to watch anything through kodi, unfortunately it does require using a computer.  There is an extension for chrome called "play to kodi" which allows you to forward web contant to kodi. 
Install and setup "play to kodi"
Go to a TYT episode in chrome
click on the gear icon beneath the video
then right click on "download HD" and select "play to kodi"

Like I said, I'm going to make a push to get something published in the next week, because it is driving me nuts having to use my computer as a middleman as well.

Brian
(2019-03-28, 03:56)lottaboost Wrote: In the meantime there is a workaround to watch anything through kodi, unfortunately it does require using a computer.  There is an extension for chrome called "play to kodi" which allows you to forward web contant to kodi. 

Like I said, I'm going to make a push to get something published in the next week, because it is driving me nuts having to use my computer as a middleman as well.

Brian

Thank you! it works fine.. available extension for Firefox as well. Would have hoped it was available for Safari.. but no. Maybe Apple is too restrictive.

Good to have a solution in the mean time atleast.
(2019-05-28, 05:13)lottaboost Wrote:
(2019-05-26, 18:23)Stranjer Wrote: These frequent breaking changes are frustrating, especially since I have 3 streaming devices and none work with their official app.

Yeah, lately they've been changing stuff quite often.  Normally I'm on top of each update, but I've bee working crazy hours at my job so I haven't been able to get time to code an update.  On top of that, I also have to change the plugin to make it compliant with the newest version of python per team kodi (The next version of kodi is going to only allow code written in the new version of python).  Not a big deal, but when you already have basically no time, it makes it that much tougher.  I'm going to try my best to get an update out in the next week.  I also use this app so I can watch tyt from my fire tv cube.  And, as you said, their app doesn't work with amazon devices.  I've reached out to them a couple years ago, back before they had any type of app, and told them about my plugin and kodi (So they could mention it on their shows and/or website, to tell their viewers that there was a way that they could watch tyt easily on their TV).  But, I never got back any response. 

In the meantime there is a workaround to watch anything through kodi, unfortunately it does require using a computer.  There is an extension for chrome called "play to kodi" which allows you to forward web contant to kodi. 

Brian 
Thanks for the workaround. For me the host I use kodi on has a browser and my remote has a mouse/keyboard in it, so I can watch through the browser that way. Either way, its just a little bit tedious/inconvenient.

I certainly understand working too many hours at actual job, and definitely appreciate your efforts here. I wish I knew enough about python to help you with this. Maybe this'll give me the incentives to teach it to myself, at least enough to assist with restructuring.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Young Turks1