• 206(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
(2015-05-28, 15:42)garbokawa Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 13:23)Buff Wrote: Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply - yeah I tried that too, but transparency doesn't work. Apparently jpegs can't utilise transparency, which I didn't know until the other day.

The icons I wanted to use seem to be showing up fine in a different skin - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=57623&page=3 - albeit this is an old skin and as an indication of what genre the movie is rather than the Library>Genre icon, so thought it may be possible.

Just wasn't keen on the standard icons and they are too tall for the backgrounds I've put in and the look I'd prefer.

Thanks anyway

In the IncludesVariables.xml look for the line as in below that would occur nearabouts 3013.

special://userdata/addon_data/skin.aeonmq5.extrapack/icons_videogenre/$INFO[ListItem.Label].jpg</value>

That would be the culprit .jpg -- change to .png and ensure the path is the same where you kept the genre icons.

If I misunderstood something, please let me know.

Cheers!
GK

Thanks for your help GK - the png icons now show up but unfortunately aren't transparent. The png file itself definitely has a transparent background but for some reason it isn't showing as transparent on the skin. Any ideas?

Cheers
The posters in almost all the views have a texture called black.png placed behind them. That's why although you not have a transparent poster, it doesn't appear as it should.

If you remove this texture for the view you are using you should get what you want.

Be careful though because that png is used a lot for various different effects in the skin.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Hi Buff,

Samu-rai is spot-on. Indeed that is what is preventing you to see the background transparency. As a proof of concept, I have disabled black.png from texture and the result shows the needed transparency. As the views are SHARED across, not alone the genre listing, it may have undesirable effects elsewhere. If you insist, perhaps you can decide the view for genre listing and edit the corresponding XML ... disable the black.png occurrences. Just change them to arbitrary name for testing. I have produced a screenshot to show the effect. In investigation, the shelf view doesn't have a black background but white one. Please try if that till suit your purposes too.

Cheers!
GK

Here the Adventure Genre has transparency. You can see the background genre fanart! I have custom made that genre icon for the PoC. The rest doesn't have as they have neon backgrounds as intended.

Note that in investigating this, I have found that if you specify a custom path to the genre icons, they won't show in several of the views. Basically, if the view tries to show the genre icon within a list container (such as in panel or multiplex) it doesn't work and you get the fallback texture (defaultvideo). Seems to be a Kodi limitation. So put your custom genre art into the extrapack location or edit the path in the xml file accordingly if you want it working in all views. There also seems to be a specific problem in panel view when Container.Content(genre) is true. I am looking into this. Note this is mainly from working with Isengard but it seems like Helix and I assume Gotham work the same.

Samu-rai thanks for the hint about the "bordertexture". That's easy to miss as I (at least) tend to blow through all the background/shadow/etc image controls looking for the "meat".

scott s.
Thanks for all your help.

Samu-rai; I renamed the black.png file and the icons are now showing with transparency working - many thanks.

GK; I don't tend to use the shelf or most other views - pretty much just the Right List for most and now the Low List for the Genres screen, so I'm hoping renaming the Black.png file won't have too much of an impact for me. As a matter of interest, do you know which xml file I would need to edit so it doesn't call on the black.png file for the low list - then at least it would be there for everything else in case I'm missing something elsewhere?

Cheers Scott - yeah I had realised that so had put these icons in the original extrapack location.

I'm going to upload my backgrounds which I have recently done (based on previous ones out there) to the skin artwork section - in case anyone wants to use them, but this is the overall look I was trying to get, which now looks pretty good I think with the transparency working. Thanks for your help guys;

Edit: In case you're interested I've created a thread with all the genre backdrops in the Artwork Packs section here
Hi Buff,

Please edit ViewsLowList.xml

The changes to png names would entail as follows:
shadow_h.png 50, 59
darkgrey.png in lines 67, 76
gradient_small in line 41
shadow_h.png in 194 removes the black shadow behind the text and hence it becomes completely transparent. That is your choice.
Of course, the black.png at 554

Cheers!
GK

Hi GK, I ended up not altering the xml file you mentioned just renamed the black.png file - all seems ok so far.

I've now moved on to music genres; they're showing up in Right List, poster, wide view etc... but not in Low List - any ideas how to get them to show up?

Many thanks
It's a bug in the skin. In the file ViewsLowList.xml, go down to about the bottom of the file, look for the sections beginning here:
Code:
<control type="group"><!-- MUSICA ESTOJO -->

You see there are 4 instances of image controls, with the texture set to $INFO[ListItem.Icon]. Change each of these to $VAR[value_poster]. For example in the first instance:

Code:
    <control type="image"><!-- Musica -->
                        <posx>18</posx>
                        <posy>194</posy>
                        <width>230</width>
                        <height>230</height>
                        <fadetime>FanartCrossFadeTime</fadetime>
                        <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">stretch</aspectratio>
                        <texture diffuse="thumb_box_diffuse.png" fallback="DefaultAudioCover.png" background="true">$VAR[value_poster]</texture>
                    </control>

Will be included in next release of Helixmod and Isengardmod.

scott s.
Thanks Scott; worked great.

Getting there now with the view I'm looking for;

Many thanks for your help
Because i live in greece, i have change the preferred scraper language to greek and now the movies genres are displayed in greek, but because of this, the genre thubnails and backrounds are lost. I had tried to rename the genre jpgs to match the greek names but nothing happens, any ideas?
Hey guys, just a quick (hopefully easy) question.

A buddy of mine is using noxMQ5 and has various movie sets/collections. (Eg, REC 1,2,3, 007 collection) etc..

He has a query about collection discart. Basically the disc arts pop out (when you hover over a particular film), but if I'm correct; the entire set of discs should pop out horizontally (list view) if you are one level up (ie you are hovering over menu entry 'REC COLLECTION' in the Movies library.

Is that right? Because that's what he wants and it's not happening. Is there a specific option for this? (I would test for him but I only use quite a basic kodi setup now with confluence). (Slow computer!)
Is it possible for me to setup a main menu item that simply opens its submenu when clicked? This would make it essentially the same as pressing down.

Thanks!
hi can anyone please advice ,

we are trying out aeon mq5 skin we have managed to create a custom cat with submenu's but when you install the skin it comes with submenu's eg: under movies
do i need to keep or change them with something else but i am not sure what they do ? and concerned that i would do something wrong i would like to have fanart and cd art as well but is this only for movies/tvshows on hard drive or will the cd art show up from online content , thanks for your help and advice
(2015-06-25, 17:27)theredguy Wrote: Is it possible for me to setup a main menu item that simply opens its submenu when clicked? This would make it essentially the same as pressing down.

Thanks!

Not really. I don't recommend trying to mess with the submenu system.

scott s.
hi i am loading aeon mq 5 skin with kodi 14.2 , when i am customizing the skin the way i would like it what happens it will go back to ccm and then when you change the skin back to aeon mq 5 i have to start again making my customs to the skin , can anyone advice why this is happening as it seems to be resetting the aeon mq5 skin all the time and to be honest i have no idea why this happens thanks
  • 206(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 520