Openelec - no live TV for me
Many thanks, not just for the help and guidance- but for thinking ahead about helping someone else. That says a lot about you! That's refreshing!
So you're saying you can't get to the web interface now? Did it not previously ask for a username/password?

Once you get in your go to the Access Control tab and add a dedicated user for XBMC. Check all the checkboxes except "Admin interface", then use those credentials in XBMC. I already told you that you add the username/password in XBMC at the same place where you specify the hostname and port of your tvheadend instance.
(2013-09-30, 10:11)negge Wrote: So you're saying you can't get to the web interface now? Did it not previously ask for a username/password?

Once you get in your go to the Access Control tab and add a dedicated user for XBMC. Check all the checkboxes except "Admin interface", then use those credentials in XBMC. I already told you that you add the username/password in XBMC at the same place where you specify the hostname and port of your tvheadend instance.

Right- the web interface didn't used to ask for a user-pwd, but now it does. I added the Username-pwd in the configuration for TVHeadend in XBMC, I specified the same in the web interface (when I didn't have to give any credentials). That's when I started to get these error messages and get locked out of the web interface. I then set it back to defaults (by clicking that button in OpenElec's TVHeadend HTSP Client config dialog), which blanked the U-P, that I had re-added after blanking it manually and meeting failure. But the web interface still wants me to login- as it has since I first put in a User-Pwd in the client interface on the Pi.

This is frustrating. If it is frustrating you- just say it and I will start over from scratch. I've been backing up my images and have a few SD cards to swap out so it's not a huge deal to do that (if I can remember to do the same steps that got me the channel list on the web interface to begin with). Once I get it working there, I can copy the config files to the existing image, and have a working tvheadend (theoretically)- if I know where to find the files (I don't now know).

But I can't help but think I almost had it going with all the help you've already given me! Then again, I won't know that until it works and I know why.

If I knew where the Pi is getting the idea to make the webserver ask for credentials I might have a clue how to fix it...but...
Just remove the tvheadend service (you can leave the actual PVR addon) and install it again, then see if you can access the web interface.
I have another question based on something I read in the FAQ:

<<If you start Tvheadend with the ‘-C’ argument. A default user with no user-name or password will be created. Make sure that you later edit this via the Configuration / Access control tab in the web ui.

If you start Tvheadedn [sic] with the '--noacl' argument, all Access Control will be removed and you can setup required users via Configuration / Access control tab.>>

How do I supply args in OpenElec? I'm guessing it involves SSH and some file editing. I'm doing a temporary OpenElec install on a small SD card, so I will probably get back to you tomorrow (it's time for bed @ 2:34AM here) after I have tried your suggestion- unless you have a comment on the above.

UPDATE: I just installed TVHeadEnd Service and Client on the raw OpenElec 3.2. It never asked for User-Pwd. I can open the web interface.
Now (on the fresh install)- I have no analog channels (forgot how I got them) in the web interface, but a bunch of frequencies are listed in the web interface (as before) with QAM256 modulation. In the Live TV on the Pi, I have 2 channels listed (1 and 2). When I click one, I get a message (from the TVheadend client) that there's no service assigned to this channel. Better, but no live tv for me!

UPDATE: After a restart the web shows analog channels. In the services tab, there are none listed and the "Save Changes, Revert Changes, Map Selected" buttons are disabled.
For digital channels, follow the short step-by-step I wrote earlier in the thread, or any other howto on how to configure tvheadend. You need to scan for services, then map the services you want into channels. Then they'll show up in XBMC.
Well, now I have a really dumb question: How do I scan for services? I've read about it, but never knew what that actually means or how to do it!
Once again, follow the steps I posted. You enable your adapter and add a network. This makes the tuner scan for services. Once it's completed (muxes awaiting initial scan has gone down to zero) you click Map services to channels.
Many thanks- I will check that again (I don't remember seeing any of that happen the three times I have installed and attempted to configure it). I wonder if it works differently on the Pi (e.g. - it didn't ask for any credentials to be setup when I installed it, as it seems to normally do on other platforms (?) )?

I took a breather to work on a few other things, so I went missing for awhile. I will start back on this in about five hours. Your kind help is appreciated.
The installation works a bit differently depending on the operating system. On Debian-based systems you are asked for a superuser password when you install the application, which makes it impossible to use the web interface without logging in. Some platforms seem to do things differently and require no password initially, which IMO just confuses users because sooner or later they're gonna want password protection anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Openelec - no live TV for me0