[MOD] Wall View - Larger Posters
Hi Guys,

Post Update Oct. 31, 2013

Let me begin by saying that I am NOT an expert, or a coder... I was very unhappy with the Wall View and I wanted the view to show less posters. This makes the view and movies easy to see and browse.

I tweaked the existing xml file and this is what I came up with:

Edit: The screenshots below are from the old 12 poster version. I recommend using the 14 Poster Version which has a lot of great enhancements.

Movie Wall

TV Wall

Edit: The screenshots below are for the 14 poster version. This version includes animated Disc Art, and properly works with and without the Clearcases. It also has the enhancement of showing the IMDb rating for the highlighted movie. Thanks to Vimarbla for the suggestion.

With Clearcases

I am sure there are improvements to be made... I will try to implement them if I can spot them or if I can actually figure out how.

Installation

Make a backup copy of your xbmc-root-folder/addons/skin.aeon.nox/1080i/Viewtype_Wall.xml and Includes_MediaFlags.xml files. Copy the xml files from my download into this folder.

In order to get the various image enhancements, you need to have your media folder contain all the individual files and NOT the textures.xbt file. You can get the extracted contents of the media folder at the aeon nox github.
  • Copy the discshadow.png file to XBMC/addons/skin.aeon.nox/media/views/
  • Copy both poster_shadow images to XBMC/addons/skin.aeon.nox/media/thumbs

Restart your XBMC and check out the modified view.

I welcome input or modification to the files from people with better skills than I.

Enjoy

Download 12 Poster Version: (OLD)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dlr0p6...llView.rar

Download 14 Poster Version: (LATEST Nov. 5, 2013)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2lpyue...llv1.1.rar
Wow no replies/comment...Confused

I have made another version... This time with 14 movies at a time as opposed to 12.

Same installation steps as above... except copy the file wall_movie_mask3.png to folder XBMC/addons/skin.aeon.nox/media/wall

HELP NEEDED:

I would love to add a drop shadow to each of the inactive posters in list above. Unfortunately, with my coding skills, I cannot figure this one out. If some kind should could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

USE DOWNLOAD ON ORIGINAL POST

Thanks.
Visually, it looks like. I think 12 on the screen isn't enough, 14 definitely looks better. Personally, I don't use wall view as I enjoy buckets of fanart Smile

Good job though.
Excellent work.... Thank you.

14 Thumbs looks a lot better than 12.

thanks again for the mod.
Brilliant. Coming from confluence i was used to these views more and now i have the added benefit of a much better skin with the the views i was used to. Excellent work Smile
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
I really like the look of this, one thing I would love to see added is bluray/dvd covers. Great work!
(2013-10-27, 01:21)tman12 Wrote: I really like the look of this, one thing I would love to see added is bluray/dvd covers. Great work!

I recall trying, but deciding against it because it gott too cluttered visually. I will revisit and update. I suggested this view with the disc to Marcos on MQ5 and he actually implemented it.
I integrated the Disc Art with a nice little animation. Do you guys like this view?

Copy the xml file to the 1080i folder.
Copy the discshadow.png file to /media/views/
Copy both poster_shadow images to /media/thumbs

Download:

Edited link above to fix enabling the "clear cases" into the view.
Edited above again to include all required images.

Enjoy.
Hello,

I like a lot your views (12 and 14). Excellent work. Perfect for my TV size.
But as you can imagine I have a question. Could it be possible to add the "rating flag" (IMDB)?.
You know, the habits... When I am choosing a film to watch, the IMDB rating is one of my references to decide. I usually use the Shift view because I do not need to press "info" to see the IMDB rating.

Thank you very much in advance.
@virmarbla.... nice point. I had never really thought of it. This is not there in the stock Aeon Nox view. I am nowhere near a coder, just someone who keeps tweaking things until I get what I want... I will try to see how the code is done in the Info Page and see if it can be copied here.
I amaze myself.... I really cannot believe I figured out how to do what you asked Virmarbla...

Try this file in you 1080i folder... make a backup of original just in case and let me know if it works for you.

EDIT:
I think the spacing of the icons may not work when at full screen resolution.... I will try and test when I get to my TV tonight... or if someone can fix what I did... My edits start at line 300...

EDIT 2
OK fixed it I think... link above updated. Sorry for the bouncing about with the edits.
I know the feeling man, it's pretty cool when people like you and I that aren't coders or programmers start to figure stuff out about skinning. Even if it seems so simple to actual skinners it is a blast figuring this stuff out and making things look the way you want them to. When I started working on my PTV Nox Skin I was constantly amazed at the stuff I could get to show on the screen. I think I might have a go this weekend trying to tweak some of your changes more towards my liking.

Things I'd like to accomplish:

BD/DVD Cases

Info display like Kaleidescape

Thank you very much for the quick response.
Even though I think you know yet, I have tested the view and all is Ok.
I think in this way finally you will be and expert and a coder, and you will have to change the first post. LOL!
Thanks!
I have updated the Original Post along with the download links to include all enhancements to date. Please use the download in original post. I have made several micro adjustment and enhancements.

Thanks Vimarbla...

Enjoy.

H.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Wall View - Larger Posters1