share hdd xbmc
Define 'doesn't work'.

Look at your samba logs.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes I know that, it is doesnt work...can you please give me some info what I must change...or can you sent me correct settings..
What are the symptoms?
What do your logs say?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Everything works fine, just cant added my torrent to external drive, all goes to sd card...but I dont know why...on my pc under network I see my raspberry and external drive which I mounted before
So are you saying the share is read-only?
I dont know, where can I change this...I will try..can you please tell me where I must change this settings

P.s. under media, read only=no
Yes but final permissions are a function of two things:

(a) regular unix ownership and permissions on the underlying filesystem, and
(b) what is prescribed in smb.conf.

I suspect the underlying filesystem ownerships or permissions are the problem, but you steadfastly refuse to provide logs, or even describe how the problem is manifesting itself, so it is hard to assist further.
Oh and please don't PM me.
OK than......which information do you need for helping me.

I just change my disk from NTFS to EXT4....webui works fine, on my pc under network I see my disk...all torrents goes to SD Card....

Till now I am already few times restoreed SD card and start again with installation, but always I have a problem with torrents and disk...
sorry but I dont know where is this and how to change it (permissions on the underlying filesystem)

can you please send me guide link for properly mount EXT4 disk...

and for samba settings...now I used this...

I dont know where the problem is...mount disk...or samba settings

#======================= Global Settings =======================

[global]
workgroup = WORKGROUP
server string = raspnas server
netbios name = raspnas
dns proxy = no

### Logging
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 1000
syslog = 0
panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d

### Authentication
security = user
map to guest = pi

#======================= Sharered Folders =======================

[media]
path = /media
guest ok = yes
guest account = ftp
browseable = yes
read only = no
create mask = 0777
directory mask = 0777
writeable = yes
admin users = everyone
I am out of here, I have told you time after damn time what is needed, what to look for.
Sorry but I dont understand you very well...like you see my english is not very good and also I am noob about raspbery and linux...and if you give me command what I must type to putty than I can show you some what is going on in my raspberry..

How can I provide log..to show you,...what I must type in putty?
can anybody help how to connect my movies which is on my computer to rpi, but rpi is on different home , i have one rpi
Brick 
(2013-09-30, 02:33)Ned Scott Wrote: Yes, most of the XBMC/OS distros have SMB (and other) sharing options. Which one are you running? OpenELEC, RaspBMC, Xbian, etc?

OK.. I run OpenELEC on my RPi. I am about to buy external HDD, so i wanted to test the performance, how fast it copy movie from PC to USB flash drive connected to RPi. The problem is, I have no idea how I can find my usb flash on windows 7 ...
Can anyone help me?

(Sadly, I am new with, KODI, RPi (or any linux))
Fast enough to play a 1080 file, but slow by NAS standards. The Pi/Pi2 share a single USB bus for the USB drive and the ethernet connector.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
share hdd xbmc0