Cannot browse into my NAS server
OSX Version 10.6.8
Platform MacBookPro
Launcher version n/a
Install Method : Not sure, I am new to Mac

Hello All,
I have been a user of XBMC on Windows for a couple of years,
I have now decided to install it also on my MAC, I have downloaded the software version for a MAC
but now I don't know how to log onto my NAS server where I keep all of my movies and TV shows.

I went into the video tab of XBMC, than
I clicked on Files and here I see multiple possibilities, I can add source but I also see my DiskStation (NAS), problem is that
when I click on it I only get the 3 default folders of the server, but my movies are not there I actually created a different folder for them
which I cannot see from XBMC

The other option, adding videos, and browsing for the location, gives me so many options I am not sure what to choose,
on my windows machine I know I use the SMB choice, but what about on a MAC?

Thanks if you can provide any guidance.
SMB should work on the Mac as well.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I'm on an entirely OS X/iOS network, and I normally just use SMB 'cause I'm lazy. Works well enough.

SMB is likely the option you want.
Thanks it worked.

Quick Question, can I also stream remotely? From outside my network?
If yes, is SMB also what I need to use?
SMB is normally blocked by most ISPs for over the internet connections. I'd use HTTP (wiki), FTP (wiki), or WebDAV (wiki).
(2013-10-02, 19:45)Ned Scott Wrote: SMB is normally blocked by most ISPs for over the internet connections. I'd use HTTP (wiki), FTP (wiki), or WebDAV (wiki).

You are probably going to hate me, but I have tried them all and it always says that it cannot connect.
Can I find a step by step instruction somewhere?

Thanks so much

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot browse into my NAS server0