[Help] with Media Managers
I am a bit lost on this and would greatly appreciate some guidance.

I am using the latest version of Openelec which uses Frodo... my media is stored on a NAS and shared via Samba. I use the centralized MySQL database for my library. For what is worth, I use Aeon Nox. and I have both Win 7 and Macs on my network; I could conceivably run a Linux distro as well.

I have a pretty large movie collection with over 1,000 films.

I want to be able to edit the information about several movies and have this reflected in my XBMC libraries/screens. So far I have tried:

MediaElch
It scrapes information correctly and downloads images (like actor images) and places them on the right folders of my NAS. But when I try to save and synchronize with XBMC nothing gets updated in my library. To properly see the info, I have to delete my source and re-add and re-scrape. Then I have to have ArtworkDownloader go through everything again. Very time consuming and cumbersome.

EmberMM
I can scan my movies but when I try to get it to talk to XBMC, I get a 404 connection error. It is my understanding that the XBMC module is not properly working.

Media Center Master
Again it reads my library properly and downloads metadata correctly. It even connects with my XBMC but only to initiates a media scan. If does not update the XBMC library data. If I want to add or modify any items, I have to again delete source and re-add... Same as with MediaElch.

Is there a method to be able to edit an item in my collection and have that information updated in my XBMC database? For example, If I want to tweak movies genres, or actor images, etc, I would like for my database to be updated and show this updated info in my XBMC screens...

Am I missing something? Can anything accomplish what I want to do?

Many thanks,

H.
You might take a look at XBNE as it lets you work directly in the xbmc database.

I don't know if XBNE works with MySQL though.

If you are using mediaelch or embermm, you would always need to "refresh" a movie in xbmc after adusting them in one of those programs to see any changes. The xbmc db integration in embermm has had issues from day 1. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.
You'll want to use TMM (Tiny Media Manager). It works fine with MySQL and runs on any platform.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142723
Thank you guys... I tried XBNE and I was able to edit the database properly... Can't figure out how to re-scrape or get new images... but I can do that with Artwork Downloader directly in XBMC.

I will give TMM a try...

Guys thanks again!

H.
(2013-10-02, 21:29)hernandito Wrote: Can't figure out how to re-scrape or get new images...

Hahha I couldn't either! It is a confusing interface for me. But it is handy for editing/correcting some data fields.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Help] with Media Managers0