How to install XMBC as operating system?
Hi guys,

In the past, I've tried installing XBMC as operating system a few times, and it always worked like a charm.

Today, I tried it again. I wanted to make a bootable usb-drive, from which I would install the newest frodo-release. First of all, I had problems with the LILI - it wouldn't recognize the iso that I downloaded. Then I tried Unetbootin, which worked.

I boot on the usb, and select "install xbmcbuntu". And it seems everything is fine, until the installation is complete, and the computer reboots. Under the installation, I've select "log on automatically", but still, xbmc asks for username / password when I start the computer...why?!

What I want: When I turn on the computer, I want it to boot into XBMC, always, and without asking for my credentials! How do I do this?

Sincerely

Skree
Moved to linux subforum.
Install openelec.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...rting_XBMC

I use a modification of the 4.2 suggestion
XBMCbuntu should start XBMC automatically. If it doesn't, use "xbmc" as both username and password, select "XBMC" as "session" and check the box that says something like "use this session in the future". After that it should always go straight to XBMC unless you somehow screwed up the installation.

On the other hand, I really recommend using OpenElec instead if you don't need a full-blown Linux system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to install XMBC as operating system?0