• 4(current)
Req Sports scraper
Also here really excited about this new project! Smile
Kodi 19 + Arctic: Zephyr Reloaded
nVidia SHIELD 2017 + WD My Book
LG OLED65B8PLA + LG SP11RA 7.1.4
I'm away for a couple of weeks holiday but if people post ideas on what the database structure should be. I.E what you would like to see on the site.

Is it going to be a TV scraper? Such as sports highlight shows?

Or any other comments, I will look at them when I am back.
I think that it would be great to create the site orientated to be a TV scraper, in order to avoid creating the nfo's manually. Even I don't know if it will be possible to create a different section in XBMC exclusive for sports like videoclips.

The data structure could be like this: "Sport"+"League"+"Season"+"Week"+"Game". Here you can see an example with different kind of sports:

- Basketball
--- NBA (regular season)
----- 2013/14
--------- 2014.04.16 19:00h GMT Indiana vs Orlando
--------- 2014.04.16 19:30h GMT Chicago vs Charlotte
--- NBA (play-offs)
----- 2013/14
--------- 2014.04.19 19:00h GMT Brooklyn vs Toronto
--------- 2014.04.19 19:30h GMT Golden St. vs LA Lakers
--------- 2014.04.20 19:00h GMT Dallas vs San Antonio
- Football
--- Liga BBVA
----- 2013/14
------- Week 20
--------- 2014.01.17 17:00h GMT+1 Levante vs Barcelona
- Motor
--- Formula 1
------- Rolex Australian Grand Prix
--------- 2014.03.14 12:30h GMT Practice 1
--------- 2014.03.14 16:30h GMT Practice 2
--------- 2014.03.15 14:00h GMT Practice 3
--------- 2014.03.15 17:00h GMT Qualifying
--------- 2014.03.16 17:00h GMT Race
- Tennis
--- Australian Open Grand Slam
------- First Round (singles)
------- Segond Round (singles)
------- Third Round (singles)
------- Fourth Round (singles)
------- Quarterfinals (singles)
------- Single Semifinals
------- Single Finals

As you can see, the "week" is an important issue to be included as it could include lot of single games. Ones can be numbers (see Liga BBVA) and others can be text (see Formula 1 or Australian Open Grand Slam).

Hope it helps!
(2014-07-14, 10:37)zag Wrote: Image

zag, I saw that you included a "Teams" section. Some basic data that you should be displayed there:
  • Team name
  • Sport
  • Country
  • City
  • Founded
  • Ground
  • Capacity
  • Current president
  • Current manager
  • League
  • Website

Also a logo of the team and some info about next match and recently played ones. Here you can see an example of what I mean:

PS: Sorry for my "high level" using PS Tongue
Ovokx, hat's off to you for putting in your time. Thanks.
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
After some days of vacation, back with more ideas in order to help to develop the site Smile

At "game" level, info that should be displayed:

- Team names (optional)
- League
- Ground
- Date & Local Time
- Players
- Plot
- Result (displayed as hidden in order to avoid spoilers)
- Fanart
no news, good news? Smile
(2014-07-21, 21:54)Ovokx Wrote: The data structure could be like this: "Sport"+"League"+"Season"+"Week"+"Game". Here you can see an example with different kind of sports:

I think the sport is a good piece of metadata, but I don't think it ought to be atop a hierarchy like that. If you split it by sport at the top, then you'd end up with something like the Olympic events being split up into many different categories when logically you probably think of them together.

One important piece of data that I haven't seen mentioned in video source. Ultimately we're describing videos not events. Obviously data about the event being recorded is paramount. But NBC's broadcast of the 2012 Olympics Men's beach volleyball final is different from the BBC's, and those are much different from CCTV's. Even within more local leagues the particular broadcast matters. For example NFL preseason games use local commentators, so there are two different broadcasts, one for each team's city. Actually that brings up an even more complex issue. What do you do about broadcasts that differ only in audio?

One other point worth a little thought is how you disambiguate women's vs men's sports when everything else about the names is the same. Usually the league is sex-specific, but again you get something like the Olympics where there is a women's luge final as well as a men's luge final.
(2014-08-23, 21:00)Intropy Wrote:
(2014-07-21, 21:54)Ovokx Wrote: The data structure could be like this: "Sport"+"League"+"Season"+"Week"+"Game". Here you can see an example with different kind of sports:

I think the sport is a good piece of metadata, but I don't think it ought to be atop a hierarchy like that. If you split it by sport at the top, then you'd end up with something like the Olympic events being split up into many different categories when logically you probably think of them together.

You're completly right here. I didn't think on multiple-sports events. Maybe the sport should be moved into a tag rather than a category.

(2014-08-23, 21:00)Intropy Wrote: One important piece of data that I haven't seen mentioned in video source. Ultimately we're describing videos not events. Obviously data about the event being recorded is paramount. But NBC's broadcast of the 2012 Olympics Men's beach volleyball final is different from the BBC's, and those are much different from CCTV's. Even within more local leagues the particular broadcast matters. For example NFL preseason games use local commentators, so there are two different broadcasts, one for each team's city. Actually that brings up an even more complex issue. What do you do about broadcasts that differ only in audio?

Broadcasts that only differ audio, I'll keep it together. This issue could be compared to movies/tv shows. Same show, broadcasted on different countries, doesn't have different entries. All keep together as an individual entry and you can enter the languaje. If this is a highly demanded, can be entered as a languaje type like this:
  • English (BBC)
  • English (CCTV)
  • Spanish (Canal+)
  • Spanish (GolTV)

(2014-08-23, 21:00)Intropy Wrote: One other point worth a little thought is how you disambiguate women's vs men's sports when everything else about the names is the same. Usually the league is sex-specific, but again you get something like the Olympics where there is a women's luge final as well as a men's luge final.

Competitions can be sex-specific and should be entered on that way. Regarding the example of the Olympic Games, each different competition title should indentify the relative sex
This would be amazing. I leave here an important site: http://www.livesoccertv.com/

Basically it lists all available channels (cable or satellite) in which an event will be aired by country. It's basically as "tv show next aired" but for sports Smile
(2014-08-26, 16:37)enen92 Wrote: This would be amazing. I leave here an important site: http://www.livesoccertv.com/

Basically it lists all available channels (cable or satellite) in which an event will be aired by country. It's basically as "tv show next aired" but for sports Smile

Wow, thanks! It would be a big feature!
Sad
Sorry I did try and have a look at this but the complications and sheer variety of sports make it not really worth spending the time doing.
Maybe if we had several coder attack it from various sports angles. Have a separate add-on for each sports league [NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, MLS...] At least this way you could install just the sports you are into.
If this does ever take off the ground ill be willing to help in any way needed
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sports scraper1