Wich mini HTPC
NUC + a HDMI -> Spdif adapter
(2013-10-05, 23:45)Christer K Wrote: NUC + a HDMI -> Spdif adapter

So with a NUC, you can covert to Spdif ? Means that this also can be done with the Zotac Nano's !
If so, then this is good news !
It makes the choice of wich mini PC not easyer Big Grin

So it goes between NUC, and a Zotac Intel or Amd type.
(2013-10-06, 14:08)xsienix Wrote:
(2013-10-05, 23:45)Christer K Wrote: NUC + a HDMI -> Spdif adapter

So with a NUC, you can covert to Spdif ? Means that this also can be done with the Zotac Nano's !
If so, then this is good news !
It makes the choice of wich mini PC not easyer Big Grin

So it goes between NUC, and a Zotac Intel or Amd type.

I think those HDMI Audio splitters will work with pretty much any HDMI PC that doesn't have an on-board optical or coax digital audio output. May be easier than trying to get an External USB optical sound card to work.

Would still look carefully at something like a current Revo RL80 though. More powerful Celeron (1007U) than the current NUC (847), built-in optical audio output, comes with 2GB RAM and 500GB HD, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0, and has USB 3.0, and an internal Infra Red receiver can be added pretty easily (there's a CIR header you can connect a TSOP to). I'm running mine with OpenElec - and it's working pretty well. (Had to switch to a dev build to get decent VAAPI de-interlacing - but that would be true of any Intel GPU)

In the UK it's cheaper than a Celeron Nuc after cashback. It's a bit bigger - but still not huge.
From TS; "3. Plays full 3d.", a 847 or 1007 can't play full (real) 3D (2x 1920x1080), with the original HD graphics GPU that is.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2013-10-06, 16:17)p750mmx Wrote: From TS; "3. Plays full 3d.", a 847 or 1007 can't play full (real) 3D (2x 1920x1080).

Sorry - should have referred back to the OP.

The Celerons don't do full 3D - just SBS. So that nixes the Acer RL80.
(2013-10-06, 16:19)noggin Wrote:
(2013-10-06, 16:17)p750mmx Wrote: From TS; "3. Plays full 3d.", a 847 or 1007 can't play full (real) 3D (2x 1920x1080).

Sorry - should have referred back to the OP.

The Celerons don't do full 3D - just SBS. So that nixes the Acer RL80.

At the moment i'am looking at 2 Zotac models.
-AD06 plus, (AMD)
-ID 88 plus (INTEL)

+
i did a little study on my Tv, and was not correct on the 3d part.
3D Full HD, it red, but the Tv supports SBS, so support for SBS will do.
Ok, then both the Celeron types should both be back in business also? For me, i never will go for a Zotac plus version or it would be a bargain.
I also don't think that you have chosen a equal AMD and Intel Zbox? The ID88 (CPU) is so much stronger that it's in another league. I also think that if you consider a ID88 you could also look at an Intel Zbox with a HD 4000 GPU onboard?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2013-10-06, 18:53)p750mmx Wrote: Ok, then both the Celeron types should both be back in business also? For me, i never will go for a Zotac plus version or it would be a bargain.
I also don't think that you have chosen a equal AMD and Intel Zbox? The ID88 (CPU) is so much stronger that it's in another league. I also think that if you consider a ID88 you could also look at an Intel Zbox with a HD 4000 GPU onboard?

Hi P750,

Can you tell me why you don't choose for a Zotac + ?
If i had more room, then i would build an full size HTPC.
I check the HD 4000 !

It's not exactly equal, that's correct. I doing a lots of reading and most people go for an AMD version, if they have Windows as system. Do you want Openelec, then its better to stay away from the AMD and choose Intel.
Understand, iam not that of a Zotac fan Big Grin The main reason why i choos Zotac, is the SPdif out.

Cause iam not that much a Techie, i'am confused and getting more lost, the more i read.
Wich onboard graphiccard, wich processor, and so on.

The HTPC will be used as mediacenter only, no hard core gaming, nor graphic Photoshop etc.
Watch SBS 3D and must handly all filetypes with Full HD as result.
Also watching Tv using a Anysee module would be very nice !
For the extra money you pay for the "plus" items (memory and storage), one could usually get the same items cheaper when bought seperate.
Beside that, one is free to choose that hardware that fits the configuration one would really wanna have. I've seen you're post on Tweakers and you talk about placing a SSD because you stream media from a NAS already. So no need for a bigger HDD that comes with a plus version. Get the barobone version (non plus), and put in what you want on memory and SSD.
Zotacs have a very average reputation for reliability AIUI.

If SBS 3D is good enough, then I'd suggest having a look at the Celeron 1007U Acer Revo RL 80.

I just spent £149 (£129 after cashback) for a model with 2GB RAM, 500GB HD, HDMI (HD Audio supported), Toslink optical, USB 3.0 x 2, USB 2.0 x 4, Wifi, Bluetooth, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, SD Card reader in a small form factor. It boots OpenElec 3.2.2 with no problems, and just works. You can spend more, but it does what you say you want, and is cheaper than a lower-spec Intel Celeron NUC.

If the Anysee module is supported by Linux then that will work fine with this as well. I'm using a DVB-T2 PCTV 290e tuner with my RL80 with no problems using TV Headend (but this is for FTA stuff)
(2013-10-07, 01:39)noggin Wrote: Zotacs have a very average reputation for reliability AIUI.

If SBS 3D is good enough, then I'd suggest having a look at the Celeron 1007U Acer Revo RL 80.

I just spent £149 (£129 after cashback) for a model with 2GB RAM, 500GB HD, HDMI (HD Audio supported), Toslink optical, USB 3.0 x 2, USB 2.0 x 4, Wifi, Bluetooth, 10/100/1000 Ethernet, SD Card reader in a small form factor. It boots OpenElec 3.2.2 with no problems, and just works. You can spend more, but it does what you say you want, and is cheaper than a lower-spec Intel Celeron NUC.

If the Anysee module is supported by Linux then that will work fine with this as well. I'm using a DVB-T2 PCTV 290e tuner with my RL80 with no problems using TV Headend (but this is for FTA stuff)

Hi lads,

First off all, i wanna complement you all with you're advises.
This realy helps me !!

I just keep on reading, and things are getting clearer to me.
So i will be streaming to the htpc, means the transcoding is taking place in de htpc, if iam correct.
Can the Celeron type do this properly ?

@noggin,

When you switch to another channel, is there no delay in zapping ?

Greets,
Eddy
(2013-10-07, 11:24)xsienix Wrote: @noggin,

When you switch to another channel, is there no delay in zapping ?

Delay no worse than other PC solutions. This is for FTA, unencrypted, broadcasts. Most of the time the delay is just caused by the decoder waiting for an I-frame I think isn't it? The longer the GOP-length used by the broadcaster the longer it takes to zap, though the time taken to retune, and in some cases buffer, is also relevant? I think you can alter the buffer duration somewhere.

I'm not a great "zapper" so it hasn't been something I've concentrated on that much. I had a PCTV290e to test, so plugged it in, installed the TVHeadend backend and PVR client bundled with OpenElec, configured it, and it works. If you are tuning services that alternate between 5.1 and 2.0 you may need to switch the recording format to .ts from .mkv.
(2013-10-06, 22:06)p750mmx Wrote: For the extra money you pay for the "plus" items (memory and storage), one could usually get the same items cheaper when bought seperate.
Beside that, one is free to choose that hardware that fits the configuration one would really wanna have. I've seen you're post on Tweakers and you talk about placing a SSD because you stream media from a NAS already. So no need for a bigger HDD that comes with a plus version. Get the barobone version (non plus), and put in what you want on memory and SSD.
Thx P750mmx,

Correct i'am also on Tweakers, in a state of confusion Big Grin

If i see prizes of the mini PC's then there must be a way to build a mini pc of my own, with reasonable measures.
Probably the HTPC case will be al little larger, so be it.

Eddy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wich mini HTPC0