How do i make XBMC use a local .nfo file
As a short term, interim solution to issues with "unable to connect to theconcertdb.org"

Could someone please explain step by step the process of creating an nfo file - which simply points to an URL at tmdb.org and grabs the correct information.

I understand it's a simple text file with a .nfo extension - is it simply the URL? and nothing else -

I created one for a concert, looked up and found the concert on tmdb.org and pasted the URL into a notepad/text file, saved with a .nfo extension and copied into the folder of the concert alongside the video file.

then went into XBMC, change content - where i have 3 scrapers - i can select 2 that work/connect (but can't find anything) or the one that was working (theconcertdb.org), which can't connect. my /nfo file is ignored.

1. is my nfo file creation process correct?
1b. If i wanted to add additional information manually what is the correct format? In this case metadata would be a combination of maybe a cover, artist and year from tmdb.org and manually entered additional data (genre, rating, etc.) into a template within a notepad doc
2. how do i make xbmc go to the nfo file and then be guided to the URL to scrape correct information?

I can't use "Update" as there's nothing to update - ie it hasn't yet scraped anything.
Really appreciate any guidance here folks

Thanks for reading.

Jim,
Sydney, Australia

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do i make XBMC use a local .nfo file0