• 113(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
Locomot1f Sorry, was out to lunch, missed post. what processor are u using? The PQ is surprisingly good on ota content.
(2014-01-12, 01:08)gfisher Wrote: Locomot1f Sorry, was out to lunch, missed post. what processor are u using? The PQ is surprisingly good on ota content.

thanks for the reply.

i got it working...
only thing for me on my a6-6400 is that when i play a regular video the syncing is all off. the video is speed up and the audio is played normally.

is this normalHuh
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Not normal. likely, pressing "o" will show 100% CPU spikes with frame drops and unstable frame rate. Because you said it was your new default I wanted to see how much HP was needed to run smoothly. Yadif and h.264 CPU decoding can be a bit piggy. I am studying https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/comm...c77088b0ee
It is a bit over my head, right now. Yadif ( "Deinterlace") performs like vector adaptive on my win7 7750 for pq. I don't mind a few% on the CPU for that pq. Once I understand that patch, I will try to test marrying yadif to vdpau. Hate to waste dev time on that just for testing. Especially since temporal/spacial may be on the horizon.
This thread piqued my interest:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165707
peace @gfisher,

when i press "o", i don't get extremely high CPU ~25 - 30%, which is higher than normal (~7-15%).
what i have noticed is that my fps is up to 33 (sometimes peaking at 50!)... when it should be 24fps.

after viewing a few more channels... i'm still debating if this method is better than temporal.... Huh

i'll have to check out your links, and also do some further investigating!
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
@locomot1f: Are you sure that you are deinterlacing interlaced material? Forcing a deinterlacer on progressive material is nothing you would want.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
For the openSUSE xbmc users reading this thread: APPLY the following changes of my howto http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1546145
It´s now way shorter and easier to setup for linux-beginners, due to kernel 3.13 surfacing.

##### Recent CHANGES ######

- no more manual kernel patching for HD audio anymore, just switch to kernel 3.13.x
- finaly you can --enable-pulse in xbmc ./configure, but make sure to "sudo zypper in libpulse*" before. Otherwise xbmc will not build.

######################

Feel free to up my "Reputation" if you consider the HowTo useful for you. I am interested in seeing how big the openSUSE crowd here is.
Fusion E-350, 4 GB RAM, SSD, openSUSE Tumbleweed 64bit KDE, Mesa-10.2.3, latest stable Kernel, XBMC FernetMenta-Git
@tomtomme: Can you give me a feedback concerning the PulseAudio sink. Is it working as you expect? Did you try pavucontrol to enable AC3, DTS with a capable device? Best via mail to not spam that thread: fritsch@xbmc.org
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Just a general inquiry - it seems like this release doesn't want to play just about any WMV container. Maybe one in 40 it plays, but the rest the background goes black and I hear audio but no video content. Is there something about that container that isn't (yet?) supported?
OSS VDPAU only does VC1 Advanced. A media info will tell.
hey there,

i've built xbmc from source for pulsaudio support. building does not work unless i disable mysql, it complains about mysql.h missing

Code:
In file included from Database.cpp:37:0:
mysqldataset.h:26:25: fatal error: mysql/mysql.h: No such file or directory
#include "mysql/mysql.h"
                         ^
compilation terminated.

but that's another topic. now to my main question:

regarding pulseaudio passthrough:

i only get stereo output, no DTS no AC3 no 5.1. i'm wondering if it is necessary to config pulseaudio before use or should it work out of the box? forgive me, but regarding pulseaudio i am a complete newbie. i installed pavucontrol, but as i see it it is a gui program which doesn'T do me much good via ssh. or am i missing something here? where can i enable DTS, AC3 and EAC3?

i've looked around, can we enable a alsa-sink inside pulseaudio for complete passthrough support? or will that module once again hog the sound card and make stream mixing completely impossible?

thx in advance
uuzi
Use pavucontrol to enable AC3 and DTS.

No - if you want to use ALSA disable pulseaudio. One interfers greatly with the other and has caused immense problems in the past. If you want ALSA stop pulseaudio prior to running xbmc by creating autorespawn = false in .pulse/client.conf

Concerning the configuration:

Concerning your mysql.h - you miss the dependency for mysql support. Could be that one: libmysqlclient-dev or something else depending on your system. (but that's off topic here).

Btw. wsnipex builds with PA support since some days.
(2014-01-13, 11:59)fritsch Wrote: Use pavucontrol to enable AC3 and DTS.

No - if you want to use ALSA disable pulseaudio. One interfers greatly with the other and has caused immense problems in the past. If you want ALSA stop pulseaudio prior to running xbmc by creating autorespawn = false in .pulse/client.conf

Concerning the configuration:

mmmhhhh can i accomplish these settings via ssh? i don't have a gui as i'm on ubuntu minimal

ahh and another one: once if got the pulseaudio settings right, will the option "enable passthrough" become available inside xbmc's settings? right now i've got nothing there.
Yes. man pactl

Replace 0 with the correct number of the sink:
Code:
pactl set-sink-formats 0 "pcm; ac3-iec61937; dts-iec61937; eac3-iec61937"

This has to be done prior to launching xbmc.
Yes, I scan in the sink if AC3, DTS or EAC3 is enabled. If I find this I set AE_IEC985 device type, then AE knows there is something that can do passthrough. Btw. pulse has another shortcoming: If you configure the device to e.g. 5.1 channels via pavucontrol, Passthrough won't work anymore. Basically we used, what we could use.
thank you so much! now everything is working as it should! squeezeslave and xbmc are sharing the audio device.
just another quick question: does pulse remember the settings i made with pactl set-sink-formats 0 "pcm; ac3-iec61937; dts-iec61937; eac3-iec61937"? or should i put them in my xbmc startup conf?
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26