• 244(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
Read post 1. No help without those mandatory logfiles!
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Nevermind, it was just a matter of reselecting my SPDIF output. Thanks anyway.
Anyone has any USB 2.0 drive on USB 3.0 port problems with kernel 3.16.7 from the first post? Or am I the only one, as usual Smile
What is "the USB2" problem?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Well, it is detected by lsusb but it is not being seen in /dev. I find an entry in my dmesg:

[ 29.079582] usb 8-1: hub failed to enable device, error -22
[ 29.191169] usb 8-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd
[ 29.191247] usb 8-1: hub failed to enable device, error -22
[ 29.303243] usb 8-1: reset high-speed USB device number 2 using xhci_hcd

I've searched and can only find entries about the uhci-hcd having problems in some kernels. But in this kernel it is compiled into it so i cant turn it off to test Confused
You can try to upgrade to a recent kernel and see what is happening. Make sure to also upgrade linux-firmware.
Thank you very much for all the contributions you - the users - did in this post. We have brought VDPAU on linux to a usable level. This thread will be closed as all the work has landed somewhere in mainline starting with the latest Ubuntu distributions.

Thanks to all and especially to wsnipex for providing the ppa and fernetmenta for working on the VDPAU code together with the AMD upstream people to name Christian König, Alex Deucher and their boss Tim Writer.
  • 244(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26