• 235(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
For all those that miss LimitedRange support: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=83226

Alex has implemented it. Have fun with testing.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hello Fritsch & Wsnipex, thanks for your great job , appreciate ...

I have one question , i have a zotac nano AD10 with AMD-e350 and Radeon HD 6310 , and would like to know where is the difference between openelec 5 and your solution (radeon oss with vdpau) ... wich solution offers better image quality .

Thanks a lot
OE is all the same. I am also developing for OE :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Yes i know that ;-)
but i just want to know the difference between the two solutions
Absolute same code. One is Ubuntu based (this guide), the other uses a trimmed down linux from scratch.
Hi,

I got a problem with OpenELEC 5.0.2. No sound or stuttering while playing HD audio track.

Hardware is Asrock AM1B-ITX with AMD Sempron 3850 and 4Go RAM plugged on receiver Yamaha RX-V375.

Here is my settings (in french, sorry) :

- Screen 1

- Screen 2

- Screen 3

- Screen 4

- Screen 5

With those settings i got no sound while playing movie in DTS-HD or TrueHD.
When i disable "Adjust Refreshrate to match video" i got sound, but stuttering.

Here are the logs :

With "Adjust Refreshrate to match video"

Whitout "Adjust Refreshrate to match video"

Thanks.
(2015-02-25, 19:31)fritsch Wrote: Absolute same code. One is Ubuntu based (this guide), the other uses a trimmed down linux from scratch.

Thanks Wink
(2015-02-25, 20:10)zett Wrote: Hi,

I got a problem with OpenELEC 5.0.2. No sound or stuttering while playing HD audio track.

Hardware is Asrock AM1B-ITX with AMD Sempron 3850 and 4Go RAM plugged on receiver Yamaha RX-V375.

- Screen 1

- Screen 2

- Screen 3

- Screen 4

- Screen 5

Here are the logs :

Thanks.
Known. See bugs.freedesktop.org - disable dts-hd and truehd on your system -> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=75064
(2015-02-25, 21:05)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-02-25, 20:10)zett Wrote: Hi,

- Screen 1

- Screen 2

- Screen 3

- Screen 4

- Screen 5

Here are the logs :

Thanks.
Known. See bugs.freedesktop.org - disable dts-hd and truehd on your system -> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=75064

Ok, so there is no HD audio support for my hardware with Linux systems. That means OpenELEC, KodiBuntu or other Linux based won't work, that's right ?

What about Win 7, would that work fine ?

Sorry if that was already ask, i'm not a native english reader.
I have no idea about Windows. I just told you, that there is a bug with some AVRs that refuse to do bitstream passthrough when not having the refreshrate at 60hz.
Ok, thanks.
@zett
Dts-ma 23.976fps works fine for me on win7-64 gotham 13.2 on my Yamaha 575. I am runnning a 5.1 speaker config. HDMI pass thru shows DTS on the avr and it is very crystal clear. No other sound tracks on that vid. This ATI 7750 I want on Linux but it is a no go b/c of severe HDMI sound issues (i filed that bug). All other pcs are on this or OE. Frame rates are very good on this and new OE code.
G
I have the same prob with no or stuttering HD Sound with e.g. 23,976fps.
There are NO problem of the receiver. My BluRay Player works fine with 23,976fps an HD Sound and my old Mainboard with AMD-E350 works fine too. Same software config ans new Board A5000 and no HD Sound. I think no all Boards works fine with Linux. Maybe there are a Chip on the Board that inkompatible.
I use Multichannel PCM Sound with up to 7.1. It works

(2015-02-25, 21:43)zett Wrote: Ok, so there is no HD audio support for my hardware with Linux systems. That means OpenELEC, KodiBuntu or other Linux based won't work, that's right ?

What about Win 7, would that work fine ?

Sorry if that was already ask, i'm not a native english reader.
Awesome work fritsch!

I have an A4-5000 Kabini, Radeon8330 solution, on OpenELEC 5.0.5. There are some questions I'd like to ask:

1) I presume the version/distro above has all the necessary packages to make vdpau work, correct? I presume it does because I see ff-h264-vdpau or something take place in decoding

2) I have not created an advancedsettings.xml file, as per your instructions in the original post. I have not done so, because I believe OE does show cpu/gpu temperatures (but not sure here). Is that why I am missing "temporal deinterlacing" methods?

3) Any advice on how to configure scalers/deinterlacers (double post here, sorry but I got no answers elsewhere) for this Kabini A4-5000? If needed, I'll provide logs and benchmarks as per OP.
... and 4)

@fritsch: while searching, I stumbled upon http://people.freedesktop.org/~cbrill/dr...2013-12-06 and http://paste.ubuntu.com/6532084/

Really hope that performance has improved on A4-5000
  • 235(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26