• 237(current)
Linux Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)
(2015-02-26, 07:36)fritsch Wrote: I have no idea about Windows. I just told you, that there is a bug with some AVRs that refuse to do bitstream passthrough when not having the refreshrate at 60hz.

Hi Fritsch,
I can confirm, in line with TheCritter:

(2015-03-02, 16:00)TheCritter Wrote: I have the same prob with no or stuttering HD Sound with e.g. 23,976fps.
There are NO problem of the receiver. My BluRay Player works fine with 23,976fps an HD Sound and my old Mainboard with AMD-E350 works fine too. Same software config ans new Board A5000 and no HD Sound. I think no all Boards works fine with Linux. Maybe there are a Chip on the Board that inkompatible.
I use Multichannel PCM Sound with up to 7.1. It works

that the issue with HD Sound is rather @ XBMC side. I was long time convinced that my Yamaha RX-V775 cannot play HD Sound @ 24fps as it was stated somewhere @ the beginning of this post until I've bought Yamaha BluRay player (well, do not ask me why...) BD-S677 that is playing the same content @ 24fps without problems: video+HD sound.

Maybe it is worth digging a bit here? I'll be happy to help...

Kind regards,
Seb
Alsa issue / kernel issue -> see this thread for the bugtracker link.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-03-12, 18:08)jhaveri Wrote: I installed Kodibuntu on my linux pc yeaterday. I have Radeon 730 amd hdmi graphics / sound card. I start kodi with AE_SINK= ALSA, and in audio output use ATI HDMI audio. I am able passthrough DTS audio. When I play m2ts file with DTS- HD audio, I do not get sound. But if I disable DTS- HD capable, and leave only DTS capable, the file plays fine downgrading DTS-HD to DTS.
What do I need to do to get DTS-HD sound. My Yamaha RX730 is DTS-HD capable.
Thanks.

[Solved] Turned out it was the video card. Google search showed that 4000 series AMD Radeon did not bitstream DTS-Hd and TruHD. I replaced the card with Nvidea GT 610 which does bitstream DTS-HD and TruedHD. It works, and I can see DTS-HD Master on my Yamaha Amp when I play the file. Only problem is that I have to download the file to my local linux machine running KODI. If I keep the file on NAS server in the house and stream it wirelessly (Wireless N router), audio is very very choppy, not watchable.

Is this the normal experience of folks passing DTS-HD bitstream in Kodi, that the file has to be on local machine, and not stream wirelessly from NAS server?

Thanks. By the way, love Kodi. No more WD TV Media player .
You can tune readbufferfactor in advancedsettings.xml - but for too slow network nothing can be done really, besides *use_a_cable*
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-03-18, 21:14)fritsch Wrote: You can tune readbufferfactor in advancedsettings.xml - but for too slow network nothing can be done really, besides *use_a_cable*

fritsch: You are genius. Your suggestion worked perfectly. After creating the advancedsettings.xml with suggested network settings in the FAQ including readbuferfactor settings, I can play DTS-HD MA coded m2ts file over wireless N network without any hiccups. Thank you very much for your suggestion.
good afternoon all,

i recently built myself an amd kabini 5350 machine for an htpc. im having some issues with dts-hd on kodibuntu and oe.

im getting audio pops etc. sometimes not so often and sometimes quite often.

from what i can gather from reading this thread is that these radeon oss drivers should be included already in the latest builds of kodi and oe?

i have tried different things with no success from ideas suggested in this thread.

everyhting is ok in windows. so should i stop messing with linux/kabini and stick with windows? or is there a definitive way to get clean dts-hd audio in kodi/oe/linux, as id much prefer to use linux instead of windows.
(2015-03-25, 14:52)pattaya2000 Wrote: so should i stop messing with linux/kabini and stick with windows? or is there a definitive way to get clean dts-hd audio in kodi/oe/linux, as id much prefer to use linux instead of windows.

Hi! You should alway deliver the log files stated in the first post. Else no one can/will help you.
(2015-03-16, 18:38)vip723 Wrote:
(2015-02-26, 07:36)fritsch Wrote: I have no idea about Windows. I just told you, that there is a bug with some AVRs that refuse to do bitstream passthrough when not having the refreshrate at 60hz.

Hi Fritsch,
I can confirm, in line with TheCritter:

(2015-03-02, 16:00)TheCritter Wrote: I have the same prob with no or stuttering HD Sound with e.g. 23,976fps.
There are NO problem of the receiver. My BluRay Player works fine with 23,976fps an HD Sound and my old Mainboard with AMD-E350 works fine too. Same software config ans new Board A5000 and no HD Sound. I think no all Boards works fine with Linux. Maybe there are a Chip on the Board that inkompatible.
I use Multichannel PCM Sound with up to 7.1. It works

that the issue with HD Sound is rather @ XBMC side. I was long time convinced that my Yamaha RX-V775 cannot play HD Sound @ 24fps as it was stated somewhere @ the beginning of this post until I've bought Yamaha BluRay player (well, do not ask me why...) BD-S677 that is playing the same content @ 24fps without problems: video+HD sound.

Maybe it is worth digging a bit here? I'll be happy to help...

Kind regards,
Seb

Some Denon and Marantz designs are also affected by the same bug but general thoughts are that the issue is in the driver somewhere.
Marantz here. No issue. But it's a kernel bug, nothing to do with kodi -> it's already filed bugs.freedesktop.org - just subscribe there and provide the relevant information.
Merci pour ces infos. coque Sony Xperia Z4 housse galaxy S6
Hello,

i have been using xbmc/kodi + hdmi passthrough sound for a while.
Now i have bought better amplifier, which is just 2.0. Before my new soundcard will come, i want to use jack output from built-in motherboard soundcard.
I was trying to set it via gui, but i was not able to do it - it is still going through hdmi.
Settings on screenshot.
Using this guide + msi AMD e350 motherboard.

http://rupsha.eu/c04201a4a8

Any ideas?

PS. Soundcard enabled in bios.
If the hdmi goes through your amp then why change it? You can either use passthrough to let the amp handle the decoding or disable passthrough and let kodi do the decoding. But the sound will be digital to the amp letting the amp (who usually have a better D/A than your pc anyhow) do the conversion to analog
As laric said. It won't go any better - besides that new sound card does a really, really, really unbelievable great job in D/A - so you can directly use the analog ins of your AVR.
HDMI now goes directly to tv.
To amplifier goes just analog (cinch) input. It have no HDMI input.
So i want to have sound output analog (green jack on motherboard)

In future, there will be Esi Juli@ as a soundcard.
aplay -l | pastebinit please
  • 237(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radeon OSS with vdpau (howto)26