• 27(current)
Release PyXBMCt: a Python framework for simple creating UI for XBMC addons
Hi Roman,

hope you're doing well. I've been using your add-on for quite a while in my own add-ons and I'm very grateful for all the work and support you put into it.

There's one little thing which has been bothering me and I haven't found a way to work around it:
When I place a RadioButton or a List control in my dialog, there's always a thin line at the top and at the bottom of each radio button and each list item which I'd prefer to be not visible. I assumed it has something to do with the textures that are used. However, when I looked at the textures you supplied, I didn't see those lines at the top or at the bottom.

Can you give any advice, how I could get rid of these presumed "artefacts"?

Thank you in advance.
One more question which does not particularly go to Roman but to other users of his great add-on:

Any advice how to handle list items which contain text that should be arranged in columns (like in a table) other than using a monospaced font?
I want to display a list of received or placed phone calls. So each list item contains a date followed by a name or number and the duration of the call at the end.
However, with the default font, it looks all messed up. Using a monospaced font is a practical workaround, but maybe there's a better way to format my list.

BTW, the lines / line items must be selectable. That's why I don't want to use separate List controls for each column.
(2024-01-02, 17:35)Spirou Wrote: However, when I looked at the textures you supplied, I didn't see those lines at the top or at the bottom.

MenuItemNF.png from Estuary skin that is used both in RadionButton and List does have thin 1-pixel edges at the top and bottom with #2A2A2A color.
Thank you, Roman, for the prompt reply.

My eyes are getting old Sad I definitely failed to notice the thin line in your textures. So I will replace these with my own textures and hope this will solve my issue.

Update: Tested with my own texture file and it works Smile Just out of curiosity: What was the reason for having these lines in your texture in the first place?
I have zero artistic talents so all textures were borrowed from Kodi skin assets.
Not sure if this a bug in the add-on itself or in the underlying Kodi code.

If I place a background image (pyxmbct.Image()) behind a List (pyxbmct.List()) which spans over multiple rows and columns, I always notice that the vertical size of the List doesn't match the vertical size of the background image. I have to use different values of rowspan for each control and fiddle with the _space value In the List control to make it match. To me it seems that the vertical size of the List is wrongly calculated when transforming from grid to absolute coordinates.

Can you check, please?
The code that calculates Controls placement is the same, no Control has special treatment. You can use pad_x/pad_y arguments of placeControl() method to adjust visible Control's size.
Seems that Kodi crops out entire lines/rows if they don't fit in the frame 100%. So you can oversize the dimension of the List control (compared to the background image) or adjust the spacing between the rows to adjust to the background frame. PAD_X/PAD_Y, as I understand it, would add additional space around the visible control (inside the frame) and actually downsize the control.

I will play with the settings to see what gives the best result. 

Thanks for your help.
(2024-01-05, 16:30)Spirou Wrote: PAD_X/PAD_Y, as I understand it, would add additional space around the visible control (inside the frame) and actually downsize the control.

Not quite. As stated in the ducumentation, negative values are also accepted that allow to increase Control's size.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PyXBMCt: a Python framework for simple creating UI for XBMC addons4