Release - PyXBMCt: a Python framework for simple creating UI for XBMC addons

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Roman_V_M Offline
Skilled Python Coder
(2016-08-22 16:02)selli69 Wrote:  Thanks for your quick reply!

As you can see in the code, there are TWO buttons: one hello and one close button. both of them dont work. Look at the code I posted, i promise by my mothers life, there are two buttons.. Wink I used this code from your doc

Sorry, I have thought you have played with PyXBMCt example addon. As for your problem, I'm afraid, there is a bug in "Blank" windows that prevent connected functions from firing. I need to fix that. "Normal" windows should work OK.

Quote:One further problem:
As playing around a little more, i added a discrete running thread, which should update the text of a label in the gui. The update works, but it seems to "overwrite" the label in graphics without clearing the previous content, so there is a mashup with all the updated texts. Is it possible to "clear" a control?

And this is Python 101. Instead of updating an existing Label, you are creating a new instance of Label on the same spot over and over again so that multiple Labels are continuously stacked one of top of another.

Raspberry PI 2 + LibreELEC 7 (Kodi 16)
Acer IconiaTab A510 + Kodi 14.2 for Android
find quote
selli69 Offline
Hi Roman..

I have fixed the "update label" thing, setLabel was the solution. thanks anyway...
find quote
selli69 Offline
Hi, me again.

Quote:As for your problem, I'm afraid, there is a bug in "Blank" windows that prevent connected functions from firing. I need to fix that.

Without the want to rush you in any way, do you have a clue when this fix will be availiable? I need the blank window essentially for my application and if the fix is a long term thing for you, I have to program my addon using the standard kodi window classes (bad thing for me...), because i have a (weak) deadline.

thanks anyway!
(This post was last modified: 2016-08-22 16:56 by selli69.)
find quote
Roman_V_M Offline
Skilled Python Coder
(2016-08-22 16:40)selli69 Wrote:  Hi, me again.

Quote:As for your problem, I'm afraid, there is a bug in "Blank" windows that prevent connected functions from firing. I need to fix that.

Without the want to rush you in any way, do you habe a clue when this fix will be availiable? I need the blank window essentially for my application and if the fix is a long term thing for you, I have to program my addon using the standard kodi window classes (bad thing for me...), because i have a (weak) deadline.

thanks anyway!

To make fix and to push it to my GitHub repo is easy. However, submitting the update to the Kodi official repo is a different thing. Honestly, I don't like this new procedure, though I do understand that the old mailing list system may have been not very convenient for the official repo maintainers. At this point I cannot give you specific dates for the latter.

Raspberry PI 2 + LibreELEC 7 (Kodi 16)
Acer IconiaTab A510 + Kodi 14.2 for Android
find quote
selli69 Offline
Ok. I understand... If it is not that Problem, fixing the bug and push it to github, this will work fine for me as log as i can install your lib manually so it runs on my laptop and i can develop and demonstrate. If it takes some weeks for an update to the official repository its also no matter for me, because i have to develop my addon, which takes some weeks and i have to bring my addon to the official repo also.

Could you please do the fix and bring it to github and inform me/us here in the thread? This will be a very nice thing!
(This post was last modified: 2016-08-22 17:18 by selli69.)
find quote