Please help down to 4 options
Please help, been on these forums for months, I've been reading asking questions and I've had enough now, I just want to get an htpc now.
what I want is xbmc too run smoothly with Aeon Nox, be able to play full blu-ray rips and passtrough dts-hd ma and dolby truehd. Be able to run on 2 televisions And lastly run on openelec.

I have narrowed it down now to 4 options please help in deciding. And I already have 2gb of sodimm memory + 16gb usb 3 stick.

1: Intel Nuc celeron 847 version price £120 +_2gb memory

2:http://www.ebuyer.com/525946-zotac-zbox-id18-ddr3-usb-3-0-ready-barebone-zbox-id18-b £108 + 2gb memory

3:mobo: Gigabyte GA-B75N £63
processor: Intel Celeron G1610 2.60GHz £32
Case: E-Mini q6 case with 120w power supply £30
Total £125 + memory

4: ASRock H81M-ITX Socket LGA1150 £53
Intel Pentium Dual Core G3220 3.00GHz (haswell) Socket 1150 £49
E-Mini q6 case with 120w power supply £30
Total £132 + memory

Thanks
H
No 4 would be my choice
Is there any issues with haswell regarding hd audio? or have they been sorted now.
130 odd views, only 1 reply any one else willing to help?
They're total page loads, not just individual people (if the same person hits reload, it keeps going up). Including from people who don't know which one might really be better (such as myself). I can tell you that all of those options look great, but there's not really a drastic difference between some of them. Off hand, I don't even know what options 3 and 4's case looks like, but I do know what options 1 and 2's case look like, and that can play a factor when there isn't a drastic price difference between them. Plus, I'm from the US, and I know the EU market can be very different for some components.

So yeah, don't read a lot into the page load counter.
Thanks, here's a link to the case
http://www.minicase.net/product_E-Q6.html

All I want is reassurance that all my needs listed would be fulfilled.
I don't want to build something, and have problems with it.

I'm swaying more towards build 4 due to the haswell processor. Due to less energy used, and better gpu. If I am correct.

Thanks H
Hi H

I am ordering a htpc this weekend and have been deciding on whether to go with G1610 or a G3220. Given that the cost of the Haswell system isn't much more, and your getting the new technology, power consumption, 23.976fps fix, I would go with the Haswell platform, The Asrock mobo you've spec'd out with the 7.1 sound, hdmi and optical is a good board.

I don't know anything about that case, just be careful with cases with power supply built in, as they are often cheap and don't last long. I'm looking at Micro ATX case so don't know the best ITX cases out there. As long as it is quiet, temperatures are kept low and power supply is good quality/efficient it will be fine for HTPC.
The single (most overlooked) item in a computerbuild is the PSU, go for quality guys!
Great, I'm going to get cracking, with ordering my parts.

Thanks
H
(2013-10-05, 23:09)Christer K Wrote: The single (most overlooked) item in a computerbuild is the PSU, go for quality guys!

Absolutely agree with this. I've had three PCs fail over the last 15 years or so. PSU every time. And every time it was either an OEM or case-integrated model. All the decent PSUs I've bought (Corsair etc.) have been absolutely fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help down to 4 options0